Need help with Kurian

Hey guys, i just started new Kurian, im 57lvl atm and what weapons should i use? i wanna use DoTs but im hiting around 20dmg,5dmg,5dmg..is it normal? I just dont know which build i should use :/ and what skilll tree, can u help me pls? Thanks

Class
    KO -> Warrior
    Clan
    BadFamily
    Server
    KO -> Gordion
    Race
    Karus
    Weapons.. duals would give you more damage, as a level 59 I recommend on using Spear of Murkey Waters and a Hanguk Sword.
    Now, you're probably checking your damage on mobs or scarecrows at moradon right? that's the problem.

Portu's dots are great only when you're hitting your enemies, you can go to the battle arena and check it out by yourself.

Dot's damage is based on your elemental damage , weapon attack power and a bit of STR.
    That's the reason you'll hit more with duals when it comes to dots, but you'll hit lower with other skills.

Build... I couldn't answer on this because I never really played that class but I guess you could ask another portu in-game and he would probably give you the answer
    you're looking for.

I hope I helped here.

Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by DaDegano View Post
    Weapons.. duals would give you more damage, as a level 59 I recommend on using Spear of Murkey Waters and a Hanguk Sword.
    Now, you're probably checking your damage on mobs or scarecrows at moradon right? that's the problem.

Portu's dots are great only when you're hitting your enemies, you can go to the battle arena and check it out by yourself.

Dot's damage is based on your elemental damage , weapon attack power and a bit of STR.
    That's the reason you'll hit more with duals when it comes to dots, but you'll hit lower with other skills.

Build... I couldn't answer on this because I never really played that class but I guess you could ask another portu in-game and he would probably give you the answer
    you're looking for.

I hope I helped here.

Good Luck.
    Dunno why people that neither played poruto/bureka class or partially played it (as admitted by themselves) do that kind of reply. No offence dude but do u really call it "help"?

@lpoolpwnz

Since you're 57 i guess you are going to play in ardream.
    IMO, the best built (there) is still [even after the patch that affected skills/stamina]: the poisoner built (as i call it) ...that's what u're going after..at least, according to your post.
    There are basicly 3 kind of poisoner's templates, but after the stamina patch & mainly cuz of that, i would suggest you to go like this: 45 attack and 55 devil.

The poisoner built is based on the damage over time that u inflict on your targets : d.o.t ;
    The amount of D.O.T. , depends mainly from:
    1) weapons; if you use duals or no.
    - if you do not use duals, you will do half dmg.

2) devil state
    - if you are not trasnformed into a devil, the dmg will be cut by an other 50%

3) from your lvl and if you are mastered or not.

4) from the ap of the weapon used on the main hand;
    [ for istance...the elemental dmg...counts nothing at all compared to the ap_weapon, dear dadegano...
    And the ap of the weapon itself, does not count so much either.
    - Lemme remind u we're talking about the dot here---that means, the ap and elemental dmg of your weapons will still influence your melee-attack dmg as well as the R dmg. -

5) from the str - "real" stat and at last, the str-stat bonus u get somewhere else.
    Say what you want, think what you want, flame the devs how much you want, but 15 str points on the real-str stat count more than 15 str-bonus points.
    Just for saving you some money and or time...hp points wont influence it; magic power points wont influence it; dex...etc wont influence it.
    The smartest ones could be thinking of " wait a sec...poison dmg...so maybe both duals with poison elemental..like 2x hanguk?" Nice thought..but no. Same or different elemental dmg on weapons wont change a thing.A poison one or not.. wont change a thing.

6)"spirit strengthening" lvl; u've got 2 skills like that under devil menu- the 1st one requires 45 points..and does more things than the ones u can immagine ( so i am not talking only about what's written on the its description...if u want to find out..well..play around..and find it out by yourselves. )

About weapon's choice since we're talking about ardream...i would still pick a lugias in spite of a murky. At +8 u have 120 ap+ 13 healt bonus vs a murky+8 with 118ap + 8str

It depends also from the rest of your items mainly...but with all the duffers around, macroers insta-hitting ya with full combos and considering the slow devil refresh time...if you go after HP u wont never get wrong-
    On the other hand, it 's also true that sometimes...it's that extra 50 little dmg that can kill the enemy ( a paddler...usually there..since 90% are rogues ) before he flies away.
    It's up to ya and the kind of people/chars you party with.

if you want to know the play stile for such an ardream template or templates for other areas like rlb ...keep asking here.
    Few days before the patch i started running one of the funniest rlb template ever..time to time i still play it but just more for the fun of it than for its real effectiveness.
    10 devil, 60 attack, 50 def.
    I called it the poisoner mage cuz of the descent and rush/stun use combined with the smashes. It was hella funny.
    The trying-to-do actions were:
    a) descent on a running-stealthed rogue of your pt + smash on the target next to you, usually followed by the rush/stun..or viceversa
    b) or smash-sliding an enemy..descent away on someone when in need, getting healed and rushing back/stunning back the enemy.
    Deffo hard to play now with such a low stamina after just 1 rush...doh...surely it's still funny to see you flying here and there both for you as well as for your friends....after all it's a game and it should be played for having fun...right?!
    I liked that class..cuz you could try a lot of diff setups..right now...they half killed it...forcing you to almost 1 or 2 roles.
    S@cks

p.s. If the community wants it, i can write a whole and deeper detailed doc. [with all tests tried,proofs, dmgs infos &C., playstyles..]about that class..and maybe stick it...so people wont keep asking same questions.

Peace.
    Rocco
    Last edited by uskoleo; 07-26-2014 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by uskoleo View Post
    Dunno why people that neither played poruto/bureka class or partially played it (as admitted by themselves) do that kind of reply. No offence dude but do u really call it "help"?

@lpoolpwnz

Since you're 57 i guess you are going to play in ardream.
    IMO, the best built (there) is still [even after the patch that affected skills/stamina]: the poisoner built (as i call it) ...that's what u're going after..at least, according to your post.
    There are basicly 3 kind of poisoner's templates, but after the stamina patch & mainly cuz of that, i would suggest you to go like this: 45 attack and 55 devil.

The poisoner built is based on the damage over time that u inflict on your targets : d.o.t ;
    The amount of D.O.T. , depends mainly from:
    1) weapons; if you use duals or no.
    - if you do not use duals, you will do half dmg.

2) devil state
    - if you are not trasnformed into a devil, the dmg will be cut by an other 50%

3) from your lvl and if you are mastered or not.

4) from the ap of the weapon used on the main hand;
    [ for istance...the elemental dmg...counts nothing at all compared to the ap_weapon, dear dadegano...
    And the ap of the weapon itself, does not count so much either.
    - Lemme remind u we're talking about the dot here---that means, the ap and elemental dmg of your weapons will still influence your melee-attack dmg as well as the R dmg. -

5) from the str - "real" stat and at last, the str-stat bonus u get somewhere else.
    Say what you want, think what you want, flame the devs how much you want, but 15 str points on the real-str stat count more than 15 str-bonus points.
    Just for saving you some money and or time...hp points wont influence it; magic power points wont influence it; dex...etc wont influence it.
    The smartest ones could be thinking of " wait a sec...poison dmg...so maybe both duals with poison elemental..like 2x hanguk?" Nice thought..but no. Same or different elemental dmg on weapons wont change a thing.A poison one or not.. wont change a thing.

6)"spirit strengthening" lvl; u've got 2 skills like that under devil menu- the 1st one requires 45 points..and does more things than the ones u can immagine ( so i am not talking only about what's written on the its description...if u want to find out..well..play around..and find it out by yourselves. )

About weapon's choice since we're talking about ardream...i would still pick a lugias in spite of a murky. At +8 u have 120 ap+ 13 healt bonus vs a murky+8 with 118ap + 8str

It depends also from the rest of your items mainly...but with all the duffers around, macroers insta-hitting ya with full combos and considering the slow devil refresh time...if you go after HP u wont never get wrong-
    On the other hand, it 's also true that sometimes...it's that extra 50 little dmg that can kill the enemy ( a paddler...usually there..since 90% are rogues ) before he flies away.
    It's up to ya and the kind of people/chars you party with.

if you want to know the play stile for such an ardream template or templates for other areas like rlb ...keep asking here.
    Few days before the patch i started running one of the funniest rlb template ever..time to time i still play it but just more for the fun of it than for its real effectiveness.
    10 devil, 60 attack, 50 def.
    I called it the poisoner mage cuz of the descent and rush/stun use combined with the smashes. It was hella funny.
    The trying-to-do actions were:
    a) descent on a running-stealthed rogue of your pt + smash on the target next to you, usually followed by the rush/stun..or viceversa
    b) or smash-sliding an enemy..descent away on someone when in need, getting healed and rushing back/stunning back the enemy.
    Deffo hard to play now with such a low stamina after just 1 rush...doh...surely it's still funny to see you flying here and there both for you as well as for your friends....after all it's a game and it should be played for having fun...right?!
    I liked that class..cuz you could try a lot of diff setups..right now...they half killed it...forcing you to almost 1 or 2 roles.
    S@cks

p.s. If the community wants it, i can write a whole and deeper detailed doc. [with all tests tried,proofs, dmgs infos &C., playstyles..]about that class..and maybe stick it...so people wont keep asking same questions.

Peace.
    Rocco
    Wow, thank u, it helps me so much..im goin RLB right now. How u wrote in ''p.s.'' .. do you think can u write everything about that? i appreciate it, thank u so much

Class
    KO -> Warrior
    Clan
    BadFamily
    Server
    KO -> Gordion
    Race
    Karus
    I think I did help him , didn't I?
    He asked three questsions there and I answered two of them =O.

I think it would be great.

Race
    El-Morad
    @ uskoleo
    you re pretty much right on most of the things you said.
    but about the weapons i can tell you this,
    i've bought and tested every and any single hand weapon combination except a lugias.
    so far, the best hitting weapons in terms of dots id dual hanguks.
    the type of elemental damage weapons have "does" make a difference.
    yet combined with other factors such as bonuses and ap, it doesnt seem to be a very easily measurable situation.
    for instance.. i had dual hanguk 8, then i bought a nebiros 8 for the right hand, result was a slight loss in damage, but i liked the health bonus from nebiros.. hence kept using that combo.
    also the range doesnt matter with portu.. once you re in devil mode, even a single sword range extends to match what you see in devils hand, bujulike weapon on kurian, and wirinom like weapon on portu..

OP
    if you are still leveling up, do not use dual weapons...
    duals are only good against your player enemies and you ll do puny damage to MOBs with duals.
    for the time being, target and try to unlock level 60 attack skill "slice cutting" as soon as possible. this will be your main exping skill.
    during the exping, after attack 60, give 5 pts to master and unlock devil 45 when you can (i am not sure if that lvl will have enough skill points)
    once you re 69 lvl, then we can look into some RLB configurations.

since the stamina bug fixed, people have been complaining that they cant do full dot dmg anymore.. but this was never meant to happen anyways..
    it was only possible to that extend due to a bug.. now bug is fixed so did the full dot system.
    you can still go for dots, but the way i would do it is to go tank.
    idea would be to have as much HP and DEF as possible, with main intention to stun and db your enemies, while supporting healing your party members.
    in this situation duals would deal more damage, then what you could with straight attack skills with reduced str due to being a tank.
    if i did so, i wouldnt really worry much about whats the best hitting dual weapons.. i d go for which are the best ones that give me HP, resists, or tactical advantages like chaos nebiros.

there is no other job that can stun in distance and db like the portu does.
    even if this character hits zero damage in a party, it is still essential, and extremely useful.
    so... its not all about what dmg you can hit.. its what tactical role you take in a party, and setting up your skills and gear to support that role at its best.
    one cant do all at once, and portu has great flexibility allowing us to reskill and change skill variations to suit different play methods.

there are some skills that require fixing or improving , and there are some items that portu uses but missing in the game for the time being like portu krowaz set.
    hopefully existing skills will be improved, and these items will be injected in the future.
    "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."

Bruce Lee