BrendasSaints
    Server
    KO -> Ares
    Race
    El-Morad

[Verdict: Unban Account] - xXxADlDASxXx Athena Server

Character name: xXxADlDASxXx
    Server: Athena
    Account block date: 2 years ago+ under previous administration (not NTT)
    Reason: My account was hacked - Folk Village hacker. The hacker got my account banned.
    Defense:

In my own defense, I do not think I should be punished for whatever it was that the hacker did on my account, which caused the account to be banned.
    I had an archer and a healer on that account, both were moderately geared with rb+1 items (armour and weapons). Both characters were stripped naked. I logged that account maybe 3 or 4 times after it was initially hacked, as I was trying to submit a ticket at the time. Because the account was not linked to a Gamersfirst account, I could not receive support for the account.

Now, I try to log onto the forum with that account, and the system tells me that the account does not exist. Yet I can log username and password on the client and get to the "you have been blocked" message. I can't send a ticket from that account.

I am a long time player, legitimate player, and ex-sheriff on Ares. I would like my archer account back please.

PLEASE NOTE: Because my account does not exist on the NTT website, I cannot validate my account, nor can I sms verify my account, so I will not be able to purchase Npoints on my account. How am I to get out of the Discipline Dungeon if I can't buy a Dragon Wings+Stick package? And, why do we need to start there to begin with, as our accounts were unfairly banned....just trying to understand how the system works.

Thanks for taking the time to consider my case.

aka JaiDee

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Rotsauce
    Hello.

Sorry for the delayed response. It seems your account is accessed from Australia and UGC option is only available for our company through the US (I believe we don't have an agreement for UGC in Australia, will take further research). As far as your banned account, if I were you I would put your case in Gamer's Court. Since it was banned by the previous publishers and you seem fairly thorough presenting your story, I don't see why it can't be reopened.

Thanks
    I realise that the wheels of progress take time to turn. The above message is what prompted me to apply for appeal. Rotsauce seems to think there should be no issue, so I would appreciate the opportunity for the Jury to hear my case, please. I did not wish to play the GM card when I initially applied for appeal, but now I see cases that were presented after I presented mine. I am not sure if perhaps it is taking longer to make a decision on my case, or whether it was just decided that I don't get my rogue account back If it is the latter case, it would be appropriate to receive some communication back, alerting us to the failure of our case. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by JaiDee; 01-23-2014 at 08:21 PM. Reason: I posted on 19/01 and see cases in Court dated 20/01, added a message from GM Rotsauce.

Nickname
    Tenishia
    Class
    Priest
    Clan
    GuardiansoftheAbyss
    Race
    El-Morad
    Out of curiosity......Did you ever try logging onto the account if you can remember with the very first password....I know when the transition from GamersFirst to NTTGames, even thou thru the years I had changed my password several dozen times....My password was reset back to the one I originally created when I first created the account.
    Edana Human Sheriff Tenishia

Nickname
    AtomicJD aka JaiDee aka AtomicJaiDee aka xAtomicJDx and more
    Class
    KO -> Mage
    Clan
    BrendasSaints
    Server
    KO -> Ares
    Race
    El-Morad
    This is not an account I used a lot when it was initially created. I didn't have room to make a rogue on my original USKO account, so I made an account with a rogue, which I decided to make a sin. I later made this blocked one and made it an archer (I can't afford all the items etc, let alone restatting every time I want to try a different style, so I make different accounts for different types of characters instead.) Both of these accounts had characters in the username or password that would not be accepted by the G1 account linking. To fix the issue, I would have had to make a new G1 account with a level 1 character on it, and buy a cypher ring and get only the character transferred - which defeated the purpose as they were equipped with basic rb1 items and a lot of items were either gifts from friends in game, or I had spent what little money I earned to buy them. But, I did not want to lose the items and start over again - I may as well just make a new character and lose my names as well (I like KORN ). But, the main problem with this solution, is that I could barely afford monthly 3200 kc, which covered my platinum premium on ONE account only, and I could not afford cypher ring, because there were other items I purchased with platinum every month (magic bags, pet loot voucher, speed pots, tp scrolls and ancient texts).

So, the passwords, on both rogue accounts, are the original passwords. I can't try entering any other password, because the system never allowed me to change it after we left K2.

Please note: For any account that I own, that is able to access the website, passwords and even emails get reset. The accounts I use the most, are changed more regularly.

Class
    Mage
    Clan
    TheTitanz
    Server
    Anatolia
    Race
    Karus
    When was the date of creation of your account?

Since you were able to log in some times after you got hacked, what leads you to think that your account was blocked because of the Folk Village Hacker?

Why was your account not linked to Gamerfirst at that time?

Have you ever purchased premium with that account?
    The time is now

Nickname
    Class
    KO -> Mage
    Clan
    BrendasSaints
    Server
    KO -> Ares
    Race
    El-Morad
    Quote Originally Posted by FreakSusy View Post
    When was the date of creation of your account?

Since you were able to log in some times after you got hacked, what leads you to think that your account was blocked because of the Folk Village Hacker?

Why was your account not linked to Gamerfirst at that time?

Have you ever purchased premium with that account?
    Date of account creation: I copied this directly from the email I created the account with:

KNIGHTONLINEWORLD
    To Me
    8 Oct 2006

Thank you for registering for Knight Online.
    Account Name:HIDDEN
    Password:HIDDEN

Please click the link to activate your account.
    Activate
    Thank you

KnightOnlineWorld Team.

2. What makes me think it's banned because of actions of the hacker? The message I get when I log into the game client is this:

Connection Failed: Your account is currently blocked. Please contact customer service if you have nay queries.

Now you are making me start to wonder if the account WAS banned, or if it's only blocked due to long time inactivity. I was hacked before NTT took control of the game. I logged the account only a handful of times after I was hacked. I can't remember exactly how many. I know there was one or two logs to check what was stolen, then there were a couple of attempts to exp the characters (both archer and healer) despite my gear having been stolen - but it is very difficult to fight with basic loot items, and no pots/money to buy more pots. So I gave up on exping them pretty fast (at that time...I never give up completely. I always try again. I am not a quitter..just a procrastinator.) I don't remember where I tried to exp them. They are both low level 60 characters, so it would have been at monsters within emc, and it would have been solo.
    If the account is BANNED, then it is through no action of my own. I have never used 3rd party program, I have never bought GB from sites, I have never bought/sold items for real money, I have never shared my account (not even with my husband) and I am very careful about whom I party. I detest cheaters. Anyone that knows me, knows this fact. Something I detest almost as much, are the players that allow someone in their party to use hacks so that their party can gain an advantage over others. My belief is that if you benefit from a hack (whether first hand or second hand by partying with a hacker) then you deserve to get the ban. Please check the IP logins. I am Australian. It will be glaringly obvious that I was not logged on at time of account ban - if it was a ban.

IF it was not a ban, but a simple account block due to inactivity - This case needs to be removed from Gamer's Court and I will just have to wait for Customer Support to start taking tickets again. But, I try to log into the website with the same username and password and I get this message:

Failed to login. Username or password is incorrect. Please try again.

So, I have not been able to send a ticket from that account. I have sent tickets in since June 2013, but never get an email in reply. Speaking to a GM about a different issue (after I sent a ticket about that issue, and still didnt receive an email in response), the GM told me my ticket number. So the tickets are getting through, just not being responded to, perhaps. So, if there are ticket numbers, I will require a GM to look for them, sorry.

3.I already explained that the account was not linked to Gamersfirst, because the original username/password setup with K2 Network allowed me to use special characters and length of password (character limit) that Gamersfirst would not accept. I could not afford to buy a cypher ring to trade 2 naked characters to a brand new Gamersfirst account - I would have just made new characters in that instance anyway....no point putting a low level, with no NP into a CR. And the reason I did not just make a new account, is because I like my character names. I put a lot of thought into them and they reflect my personality. I realise that after all of this time, that there is little to no chance of ever seeing my items/noah again. After all of this time, I can barely remember what the characters were wearing, let alone the accessories they had from ms loots from various characters I play. But I would like my account back so I may keep my characters and their names.

4. No I never purchased premium with that account. In 2006 when I created this account, I could not afford to pay to play. Not even my priest (original account) had premium at that point. I did not play this account much - preferring my mage/buffer priest account. When I did start using it more consistently (and as a secondary account to log when I was sheriff on JaiDee priest, Ares server - this was done to avoid the cheaters logging off when my sheriff logged on), I tried to put premium on the account, but Gamersfirst said I had to link the account before I could use the Marketplace. And, that brings me back to Answer 3...it was a vicious cycle for a gamer trapped between different hosting companies.

Nickname
    Class
    KO -> Mage
    Clan
    BrendasSaints
    Server
    KO -> Ares
    Race
    El-Morad
    Where did I post account details? I posted account creation date...which is what was requested. I deleted my account information and replaced the word "HIDDEN" to ensure the security of my details.

So you thought that "HIDDEN" was my account username and also my password? Sorry, but I am not STUPID.

Class
    Mage
    Clan
    TheTitanz
    Server
    Anatolia
    Race
    Karus
    Ok thank you for your detailed reply

PS: yes it was hidden, my bad. And I am not calling you stupid lol, perhaps you should calm down a bit
    Last edited by FreakSusy; 01-24-2014 at 11:49 PM.
    The time is now

Nickname
    Class
    KO -> Mage
    Clan
    BrendasSaints
    Server
    KO -> Ares
    Race
    El-Morad
    Sorry, got a bit defensive there. I am almost 40 years old and have been gaming online since 2002. I am completely aware of how to maintain security. I took offense at the implication that I would post details on a public, or even private, forum, and perhaps more upset at the fact that you did not read my response properly the first time. I don't want mistakes made in people's cases merely because Jurors are not reading/interpreting the data provided. Once again, sorry if my complete explanations seem to be an indication of my being on a "rampage", but if I don't explain myself fully, people misinterpret me.

Class
    Mage
    Clan
    TheTitanz
    Server
    Anatolia
    Race
    Karus
    I did read your first reponse properly, but some things i wanted more clarification, and so I asked. For example, in your first response you said you did not linked your account to G1. Yet, only in the last response you referred the "why", which was what I wanted to know (that you could not have done that because you had special characters in your password). I could of misread stuff, I'm only human. But I've volunteered to be a Jury, so I'm not looking to do a bad job, I'm actually here, making these questions and trying to understand everything, to try and sort your problem out.
    The time is now

Nickname
    Class
    KO -> Mage
    Clan
    BrendasSaints
    Server
    KO -> Ares
    Race
    El-Morad
    Quote Originally Posted by JaiDee View Post
    This is not an account I used a lot when it was initially created. I didn't have room to make a rogue on my original USKO account, so I made an account with a rogue, which I decided to make a sin. I later made this blocked one and made it an archer (I can't afford all the items etc, let alone restatting every time I want to try a different style, so I make different accounts for different types of characters instead.) Both of these accounts had characters in the username or password that would not be accepted by the G1 account linking. To fix the issue, I would have had to make a new G1 account with a level 1 character on it, and buy a cypher ring and get only the character transferred - which defeated the purpose as they were equipped with basic rb1 items and a lot of items were either gifts from friends in game, or I had spent what little money I earned to buy them. But, I did not want to lose the items and start over again - I may as well just make a new character and lose my names as well (I like KORN ). But, the main problem with this solution, is that I could barely afford monthly 3200 kc, which covered my platinum premium on ONE account only, and I could not afford cypher ring, because there were other items I purchased with platinum every month (magic bags, pet loot voucher, speed pots, tp scrolls and ancient texts).

So, the passwords, on both rogue accounts, are the original passwords. I can't try entering any other password, because the system never allowed me to change it after we left K2.

Please note: For any account that I own, that is able to access the website, passwords and even emails get reset. The accounts I use the most, are changed more regularly.
    Sorry, I thought the highlighted comment explained that exact same query from CanadianGal. These were the 2 posts before your question. Not sure how I messed that up, but willing to wear it if I did.
    Last edited by JaiDee; 01-25-2014 at 12:17 AM. Reason: spelled name incorrectly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast