KnightOnline.exe injected with Trojan.GenericKD.42853526

Was trying to run KnightOnline after stopped for few days.
    suddenly the app(launcher) gets terminated after I clicked on the "Start" button,
    then my Bitdefender Total Security notified me "KnightOnline.exe is infected with Trojan.GenericKD.42853526" and moved it to quarantine.

Anyone know what's going on?

Class
    KO -> Rogue
    Server
    KO -> Europa
    Race
    El-Morad
    Hello,

Could you please share a screenshot here?

Also, did you download the KO from the official website?

Quote Originally Posted by Eryudes View Post
    Hello,

Could you please share a screenshot here?

Also, did you download the KO from the official website?
    Hi Eryudes,
    Yes, I downloaded from Nttgame Knight Online officer website.
    been using it for awhile already, the last log in was 3 days ago, and it just happened today.

https://youtu.be/NhMa_inKHvs

Guys, please....

i received this response from nttgame.

"Greetings,

Thank you for taking the time to contact the NTTGame Support Staff.
    We understand that there is something currently preventing you from enjoying Knight Online as much as you would like. We are here to give you that extra help that might assist you and help you get back into the game as soon as possible! Please know that while we are not directly at your computer, there is a limit to the amount of support that we can offer, but that won't stop us from trying! If your computer meets the minimum specifications for running Knight Online, please follow these few steps:
    1) Restart your computer.
    2) Ensure that your internet connection is stable.
    3) Close any unnecessary 3rd party programs that may be running in the background.
    4) Having the latest and most up-to-date version of Flash player and more importantly, your graphics card drivers. This will help your game run smoother than it might already be running. You may also want to try updating your Direct X too while you’re at it. Here are a few links to the sites you may need:

Adobe Flash Player: https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
    Nvidia Drivers: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
    Radeon Drivers: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx
    DirectX Version: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...ils.aspx?id=35

5) You may want to temporarily disable your computer's firewall and/or anti-virus software. The reasoning for this is that while firewalls and anti-viruses are there to keep your computer safe, they may also block certain programs from performing properly. You should also make "exceptions" for Knight Online with your firewalls and anti-virus software so that it can perform properly.
    6) Should you find that problems are still persisting for you, we urge you to uninstall Knight Online and re-download the game using new client.

We hope that this information was able to assist you with any technical issues that come your way. Should you still have issues that persist, feel free to contact our customer support team again and we will be more than glad to assist you further!
    Sincerely,
    NTTGame Support Staff

on #5,this is no different than disable all my protection on my pc when trojan is there, and allowed anyone inclung nttgame to withdraw all money from my online banking account for my money.

they didn't even mention any of the trojan topic but asked me to open my protection freely. yeah.............

what the fark is that?

to be fair...

i responded below at nttgame game support.

???

") You may want to temporarily disable your computer's firewall and/or anti-virus software. The reasoning for this is that while firewalls and anti-viruses are there to keep your computer safe, they may also block certain programs from performing properly"

this is telling me if KO in plant trojen on my pc i still disable the antivirus or firewall?
    u kidding me?

from your reply you didn't even mention the investigation but to tell me disable my protection, this is really bad support to be honest.
    you didn't even response on what "Trojan.GenericKD.42853526" is.

if i disable my antivirus/firewall, tomorrow you get all my money from my bank.
    this is seriously worst response i have even seen.

and yeah, i might be ban tomorrow. let's see
    Last edited by Intrudertest; 03-19-2020 at 11:47 AM.

Nickname
    UniqueAngel
    Class
    KO -> Priest
    Server
    KO -> Gordion
    Race
    Karus
    I'm sure it's a false positive trojan... sometimes mcafee and bitdefender and maybe other detect the KnightOnline.exe as a Trojan... but to make sure scan all your pc with bitdefender ... you can use malwarebytes or roguekiller to make sure you don't have a malwares too.. make sure to make a ccleaner too.. if nothing detected juste add to exclusion the file KnightOnline.exe in your bitdefender.
    There would be no danger is you didn't visit other fishy knightonline web site or download the game from an other place then the official knightonline web site.
    I say that game being detected frequently by anti-virus protection..
    If you want to make sure.. you can uninstall bitdefender.. install a free anti-virus avast.. avg.. kaspersky free... etc to see if you have a trojan and if nothing you uninstall it and reinstall bitdefender and add to exclusion the file KnightOnline.exe . sometimes it's juste because in the file there is a coding similar to a text that are included in some trojan.. virus.. malwares..
    Some peoples have 2 anti-virus but it's not good because they can conflict each other and say you have a virus but it's only the listing code thats in the virus definition list to detect specific virus in question.

I have two identical hardware spec and software at home,
    both have bitdefender (same account with multiple users right),
    both also have up to date updates on bitdefender, windows, and KO.

this pc complain the knightonline.exe has trojan in it whereas the other one doesn't.

i then use third pc that has different spec and software in it,
    run ko without any problem.

apparently, something wrong is happening, could that be nttgame's update file is compromised from that end?
    if not i can't think of any reason why my another identical pc is running fine.

I am reinstalling it now. let's see.
    Last edited by Intrudertest; 03-20-2020 at 09:00 AM.

Class
    KO -> Rogue
    Server
    KO -> Europa
    Race
    El-Morad
    Hello,

We have sent the necessary notifications to the antivirus companies. This issue will be fixed when they update their antivirus database themselves. In short, this is a false-positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Eryudes View Post
    Hello,

We have sent the necessary notifications to the antivirus companies. This issue will be fixed when they update their antivirus database themselves. In short, this is a false-positive.
    Hi Eryudes,

Thank you so much for confirming the thread "Trojan.GenericKD.42853526" found in bitdefender is a false threat.
    The feed back you provided to me/us is indeed the expecting resolution I am aftering as a professional.
    it would be great if nttgame could keep us posted with the feedback from bitdefender how it is resolved. Thank you.

Once again. Thank you Eryudes.

[Today's joke]
    When turkish country runs curfew that restricted people to gather no more than 100 people in door(like Australia and Malaysia now),
    will we get caught if everyone that gathering at moradon doing merchant and upgrade? :P

"EVERYONE KEEP OUT OF COVID-19 be safe and good luck."
    [typo]
    Last edited by Intrudertest; 03-20-2020 at 09:32 AM.

Hi guys,

I uninstalled the KO,
    removed all KO files,
    reboot pc,
    download again KO installer from nttgame website,
    reinstall and get up to date game patch.

and my bitdefender isn't complaining about trojan anymore.

Just got another feed back from nttgame about the respons(20-03-2020 / 13:45) for the message i sent to them on "19-03-2020 / 15:31"

Hello:
    In this case, you should get support from the antivirus company.
    Best regards

very bad service with no work ethic at all.
    I am so sad to read this.
    Eryudes responded very well at here, unfortunately the person from the customer support simply pushed me outside the door without resolving properly. how sad.