Class
    KO -> Priest
    Clan
    Nyarlathotep
    Server
    KO -> Diez
    Race
    Karus

Friend got hacked, then her account was blocked...

More than 2 months ago, an old friend/clan member was hacked (char name is MASQUE).

She uses OTP and never shared her account so naturally she sent a ticket, and from what I have understood, GM has blocked her account temporarily to protect it from hacker.
    The problem is that today her account is still blocked; GM ask her so many questions...it's like they would not really believe she's the real account's owner.

This friend started K.O. at the very begining, and she’s been a premium member since ever I think... With all this in mind, I thought she'd get helped, but no.

After 1 month about, I submitted a ticket - I guessed it was pointless- but I had to try something, I wanted to testify she is the real (and only one) account's owner, adding that a lot of players could testify for her too. Of course the (quick) answer was "Unfortunately, requests from third person are not processed for this type of issue. Please have the account holder contact us."

In the meantime, I contacted (via PM on forum) 2 moderators and 1 GM to ask for some help/advices, but never got any answer from them.

At last, I'm the creator of our clan and usually I am the leader, but when she was hacked, she had the clan's leadership.
    That means our clan has no leader since 2 month, and I'm not even assistant. A clan can not survive indefinitely without a leader.
    I submitted a 2nd ticket, trying at least to get back my clan, but they answered me they can't help, "She needs directly contact with us"... but what is the point, if they don't believe this account is hers ??

I wanted to make this topic since weeks, what lead me to do it now is that tonight during the war, a guy in my party was dc. When he was back (maybe 5-10 min later), he said he just got hacked. He is OTP user, not account sharer.
    He is european player too, not speaking turkish and it seems his english is low, so I fear he won't get any help either...

I feel powerless, so if you have any suggestion or can be of any help, it's more than welcome.
    Last edited by Jacomo; 12-02-2019 at 09:10 PM. Reason: adding name of the concerned character

Class
    KO -> Mage
    Server
    KO -> Oreads
    Race
    Karus
    Hi! Yes it's really weird. She got hacked while using any otp, and still can't get any help from GM's. I think 2 months is more than enough to find that bastard behind this and give back her account and all the stuff she lost. She is an old player in KO and has given so much for this game. One of the best persons i know here, she deserves more. I can't understand people who does things like this to others. Hopefully she get help and her account back as soon as possible. -Keep believing-
    Last edited by sauhuapina; 11-19-2019 at 04:12 PM.

Nickname
    IamPeppinu
    Class
    KO -> Rogue
    Clan
    OLDWOLF
    Server
    KO -> Ares
    Race
    El-Morad
    Hi,
    I take advantage of this story to have my say.
    I am sorry to say that i dont think your friend will be helped in item restoration.
    I am a victim of the same story.
    Long time ago I have been hacked, absolutely my OTP was on.
    In the first moment, CS said me they wont help me with item restoration since my otp "was not on".
    I said them in a second ticket that I always played with OTP ( I am not so thick headed, if I own items I use otp, that's normal), then when they realized my otp was on they said me that I shared my data access to third persons, and not only....there have been players who said me that I was not been hacked...that i was telling a lie just for having double items ( it's shameful), absolute falsehoods!

Basically that day I lost 450-460€.
    So, I don't want to create allusions, I prefer to speak frankly: most likely your friend will not have support on the item of restoration and her items are lost.

Now, this is a message if eventually GM reads this: if the player we are speaking about will get his item restoration, I absolutely demand the same treatment, (although about 4 years have passed) because I am a player of this game from a lot of time, I spent a lot of money on this game. Nothing was done for me, no help. I was ignored and abandoned. I remind you that what was stolen from me didnt happen because of me. But due to a security flaw in your game.
    Last edited by Italian995; 11-20-2019 at 11:03 AM.
    Since 2013
    IamPeppinu
    my YT channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ3...kfCHkG8r76i8ZA

Class
    KO -> Mage
    Server
    KO -> Oreads
    Race
    Karus
    Hi, i'm sorry to hear that. I think they should help players especially who use otp, like they keep saying that everyone should use any otp for our account security. What keeps our accounts safe if not otp, so they really should help people to get all the stuff back. I bet they can see pretty much what happens on your account and what items you have there so that's bs that you lie. So they should take responsibility for this and do what's necessary.

Nickname
    UniqueAngel
    Class
    KO -> Priest
    Server
    KO -> Gordion
    Race
    Karus
    Did that person visite other none official knight online website.. maybe she got a backdoor virus.. .. should make a virus scan...
    + you can check for malwares .. with roguekiller or malwarebytes.

I knew a girls few years ago that got hack just visiting a fishing knightonline website (none official one)

Nickname
    Iranon
    Class
    KO -> Priest
    Clan
    Nyarlathotep
    Server
    KO -> Diez
    Race
    Karus
    to Italian995: the situation is even worst than "just" stoled items, since as you can read above, her whole account is blocked.
    First, hackers take your items and your money, then GM block your account...

I am sorry for you and for all those who are victims of hackers, no one deserves that.
    My clan was never big, and the massive hack from the past almost killed it. Numerous members lost everything and quit game, the ones after the other.
    Since OTP exists, things are really better, safer. But now I wonder.

to UniqueOne: we naturally thought about a malware but my friend had checked her pc: nothing was found (and I am sure she never go on false K.O. sites).
    I don't know anything about hackers/malware, but for sure they found a way to hack her. Whatever the way, she uses OTP, she is 100% legal, and premium user.
    She is a victim, like Italian995 and so many other, they really deserve help.

GM said to my friend that hackers are located in several cities in Turkey, that they spent something like 300 hours on her account It sounds really weird since she was very often online, and no one in the clan ever noticed anything.

If gm answer you 300 hours in the account it is really weird. I guess you chance of get back the account is very low but you can try in dicsord private message khenarth and explain him that happen you in the end of the private message writte @khenarth

Do you understand that they sent a lot of messages trying to scam items and other things? Therefore, if you do not have solid foundations, it is very difficult to solve something.

Nickname
    Iranon
    Class
    KO -> Priest
    Clan
    Nyarlathotep
    Server
    KO -> Diez
    Race
    Karus
    thanks for the advice (about pm on Discord), I tell to my friend.
    Yes 300 hours is really weird, and there are other strange things in this story.

I understand the GM have to be sure the account belong to her, but she gave many infos (and some payment proofs for premium); also, if it's possible for the GM to see the log history of her account, they can notice she plays this account since ever.

At last, GM can see she has leadership of a clan, and all clan members can testify for her...

Nickname
    Iranon
    Class
    KO -> Priest
    Clan
    Nyarlathotep
    Server
    KO -> Diez
    Race
    Karus
    Yesterday evening, I came 1 min on my pc, and saw Masque logging in !! I didn’t have much hope anymore but finally, after 3 months, she has her account back !
    It seems there will be no restoration for the lost items though.
    In 2020 our clan will celebrate its 10th anniversary, so I am even happier to have recovered my clan at the same time.