Clan
    WorldWideNation (WWN)
    Server
    US->Ronark
    Race
    El-Morad

Question Instant dc after entering the game

Hi !

This is the first time I try to play KOL again after the server merge, and as my old PC was broken, I´m back with a new one and had to completely re-install the game. However, as soon as I enter the game with either one of my three characters, I get the info that I was disconnected from server before I could do anything. Another thread said that one should try to hit the "town"-button fast to solve the problem, but the dc is faster than I can reach the button ...

I used to play on Ronark, so now I´m on Ephesus. SMS verification is done, and I can log in without problems, just not do anything before I´m thrown out again. As said, this goes for all three of my chars: AlexielNemesis666, BlitzStrike and UltimateConan.

Yours, Nemesis.
    Started playing USKO in 2007-2008, then paused for a long time. Casual English (and German) speaking player on Ronark server, Elmo-side.

Main char: AlexielNemesis666, fire mage; twinks: UltimateConan, blade & BlitzStrike, lightning mage.

Clan: Passive member of WWN (WorldWideNation)

Nickname
    NemesisAlexiel666
    Class
    Mage
    Clan
    WorldWideNation (WWN)
    Server
    US->Ronark
    Race
    El-Morad
    Hi !

Ok, I found a way to trick Windows 7 into letting me hit the "town"-button while loading, but it´s a matter of exact timing ... However, my chars work now, but there should be a better solution for this problem. X-)

Yours, Nemesis.
    Started playing USKO in 2007-2008, then paused for a long time. Casual English (and German) speaking player on Ronark server, Elmo-side.

Main char: AlexielNemesis666, fire mage; twinks: UltimateConan, blade & BlitzStrike, lightning mage.

Thanks for sharing a solution, but i agree with you that there should be another permanent one for it.
    Aeternum Vale

Bump this topic.... A clannie of me also have this problem.... How can u hit the town button before u dc Nemesis?

Edit:
    I heard some updates from other people:
    When format pc as soon u installed windows 7, stop all updates on windows 7 and it is working for several people. Hope this might help some other people out.
    Last edited by Yevon; 10-08-2013 at 08:03 PM.

i have that also, i tried logging like 10 times, and at last it worked... tried to log the other day and i have this again

Nickname
    NemesisAlexiel666
    Class
    Mage
    Clan
    WorldWideNation (WWN)
    Server
    US->Ronark
    Race
    El-Morad
    Hi !

I didn´t find or work out this solution by myself, but read it in the General Discussion section of the forum where there are at least 4 or 5 topics concerning this problem. Don´t want to collect the honour that rightfully belongs to others. ;-)

As for Yevon´s question, it´s a matter of timing, as I said. If you start klicking too early, Windows 7 will interfere and it won´t work. The speed of both, PC and internet, too, might be important. However, as soon as the Character data is loading, you can start klicking on the spot of the screen where the town button will be. If your timing is right, it´ll work fast enough to work around the dc. If you wait too long or until the button is visible, the dc will be faster than your actions ... It´s a little tricky and not a "real" solution, but it works if you try several times.

I´m not an expert for software and stuff, but I guess it won´t help at all to re-install the game or even Windows, it´s a glitch on the game server itself.

Yours, Nemesis.

Nickname
    Riemann
    Clan
    NTTGame
    Race
    Karus
    Does it happen always when you login or it has been fixed after you have pressed the town button once?

Well.... For my clannie its not a solution since his pc give the bug report question right before the loading screen appears after he did select, but Thanks for your reply Nemesis.

Nickname
    NemesisAlexiel666
    Class
    Mage
    Clan
    WorldWideNation (WWN)
    Server
    US->Ronark
    Race
    El-Morad
    Quote Originally Posted by riemann View Post
    Does it happen always when you login or it has been fixed after you have pressed the town button once?
    Hi !

I´m not online in the game often, but from what I have read so far and can say for myself, the problem only appears once, maybe even only once per account. So I think it´s a consequence of the server merge. But others should share their experiences as well.

@ Yevon: You´re welcome, keep checking the forum for other advices.

Yours, Nemesis.

It happend to me right now same thing. I never had this problem but i just formated the disk and reinstall windows, then i downloaded latest client and update patches and since then i am getting instant DC second after i enter in game(spown in moradon).....I tried solution in this thread but so far it doesn't work for me..... any other solution?