Server
    US->Attila
    Race
    Karus
    Infractions
    0/1 (15)

Priest Class

Hi,

Im trying to build an attacker priest but im confused. I realized that when i give str stats, ap doesnt change. Also, blasting, str scroll and armors/weapons with str bonus doesnt seem to change ap. And when i give int stats, ap doesnt change but when wear a weapon/armor with int bonus, ap rises. I didnt understand whats going on. And, which armors/weapons should i use in this case?

Could someone explain me the issue, please?
    Last edited by BezmiAlem ; 09-09-2013 at 11:57 AM.

Nickname
    Yahweh
    Class
    Rogue
    Clan
    Crusaders
    Server
    Gordion
    Race
    Karus
    If any experienced BP's reply to this and can give good feedback as a thread, I will change name to Priest Class and Sticky this... I think the priest build is one of the toughest to do IMO

Over and Out! Good luck with this game

Nickname
    CrooksAndCastles
    Class
    Mage
    Clan
    LastNuevo
    Server
    US->Athena
    Race
    Karus
    BP is usually the best when done as a paper priest, using paper+9 str set with dd cap and these are fairly cheap at the moment. Also if you are 75+ i hear krowaz+7 with str added on is actually pretty decent, but then again you want more of your exp points towards str and hp.

Also if you are at a high level, stop adding points to str around 210 points. HP armor will be your best friend for pking, also invest in a tank shield, dread+7/8 is a good one or adamant+7. Whatever you can afford, let me know what level you are going to and i'll add more.
    Last edited by Alyce[E]; 09-09-2013 at 05:45 PM. Reason: double post

your ap depends on whether your main stat is str or int.

ie... paper bp w/ 2h weapon will have str determine his ap.
    shielded priest w/ priest hammer would use int bonus to determine his ap.

at least this is how i built my priests before i left about a yr ago. maybe some things have changed.

Banned
    Class
    Priest
    Server
    US->Attila
    Race
    Karus
    Infractions
    0/1 (15)
    Paper priest is really too weak while pking, ppl have at least +9s/+3s in pk areas. So, i dont want a paper bp. On the other hand, i talked to friends who tried int attacker priest and they said ap was not good enough to pk. I will personally try int attacker, will stat int 255, str 106 (for krowazs) and hp for the left points. I also plan to use;

- +7 Mean leonar,
    - +7 Gabs adamant,
    - Krowaz armors with int bonusses.
    - Dual +2 (+3 if i can) cleric earrings,
    - (didnt decide for the rings),
    - Glass belt,
    - Iron necklace.

Im 49 lvl yet and these will take time but i will let you know how this combination would work.
    Last edited by BezmiAlem ; 09-09-2013 at 07:20 PM.

Nickname
    Yahweh
    Class
    Rogue
    Clan
    Crusaders
    Server
    Gordion
    Race
    Karus
    Quote Originally Posted by BezmiAlem View Post
    Paper priest is really too weak while pking, ppl have at least +9s/+3s in pk areas. So, i dont want a paper bp. On the other hand, i talked to friends who tried int attacker priest and they said ap was not good enough to pk. I will personally try int attacker, will stat int 255, str 106 (for krowazs) and hp for the left points. I also plan to use;

- +7 Mean leonar,
    - +7 Gabs adamant,
    - Krowaz armors with int bonusses.
    - Dual +2 (+3 if i can) cleric earrings,
    - (didnt decide for the rings),
    - Glass belt,
    - Iron necklace.

Im 49 lvl yet and these will take time but i will let you know how this combination would work.
    with those stats and items you will be a sitting duck in CZ as you have very low HP and lower AC you can still go support priest with the option to attack occasionally.... a BP is and always has been a weak build but you are forgetting with the right items and knowledge of playing a BP.... people will think twice before coming at you.... cures/debuff/heals of your own while hitting like a runaway train (only with the right build though) is more than enough to make any melee have a 2nd thought
    Over and Out! Good luck with this game

Banned
    Class
    Priest
    Server
    US->Attila
    Race
    Karus
    Infractions
    0/1 (15)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yahweh View Post
    with those stats and items you will be a sitting duck in CZ as you have very low HP and lower AC you can still go support priest with the option to attack occasionally.... a BP is and always has been a weak build but you are forgetting with the right items and knowledge of playing a BP.... people will think twice before coming at you.... cures/debuff/heals of your own while hitting like a runaway train (only with the right build though) is more than enough to make any melee have a 2nd thought
    Yes it doesnt seem to be logical but i will try all the options. The main problem is, when new armors came in the game, battle priests were never thought. If we want a bp with a good ap, we should make the main stat str but there are no suitible armors except papers for years.

A sitting duck? lol Come vs man :P j/k

its not worth going full int as a priest and trying to have ap enough to attack.. basically a krowaz set +6 int bonus, and +2 int bonus uni's will give u enough ap to solo riote, and maybe kill atross in around 1-2 minutes lol. (shield/hammer)
    ive done it. was an epic waste of time in moradon buying int uni's to compound, and having int krowaz on a priest i used everyday.

Banned
    Class
    Priest
    Server
    US->Attila
    Race
    Karus
    Infractions
    0/1 (15)
    Im 57 now, i give all stats int but ap doesnt change :/ ap rises only when wear accessories/armors with int bonusses. so, whats the point of giving int stats in this case? why ap doesnt rise when i give stats int?
    Last edited by BezmiAlem ; 09-16-2013 at 11:36 AM.

just a heads up..
    priests, just like mages, arent meant to be solo machines. if built to go solo.. you will get kills here and there, but you will also find that you die very fast. this isnt 2005 anymore. every melee's got 3k+ ap on most servers lol.
    my priest build that worked best was:
    fp9 sets(str and hp)
    dual rof+2
    string of skull+3
    IN+2
    dual lillimes+2
    smite9/cs+7
    i had 7500hp, 2300ap, 1550 def. when fully scrolled.

i never lost a vs in cz to any 1 player (once i hit 80+). i took out 2-4 players solo several times w/ this build (including the best full str bp) it was as beast as it gets. most other priests on my server tried to replicate the build. really fun and had great survivability.
    then they decided to make int bonus work for ap on shield priest. so i stopped playing int bp.

make a party of int priests all w/ average ap though.. and its pretty unstoppable. just like a correctly put together mage party.
    melee's have no real chance.

warriors and rogues are meant for solo type damage. priests and mages are mostly meant to work in synergy w/ the melee's or full party of same class.
    its why everyone is seemingly a rogue or warrior on most servers.
    Last edited by TheFranchise; 09-16-2013 at 10:29 PM.