Mage
    Clan
    AngelGuardian
    Server
    US->Ionia
    Race
    Karus
    Quote Originally Posted by Yahweh View Post
    After reading a few more responses and going through the old 'candy staff' thread.... it appears the truth of the matter is that out of the 4 classes, the mage has been left behind.

No amount of armor, stat building etc compensates for the reality that the armors and weapons coming against a mage in PvP is way too overpowered.... what chance does a mage have against a warrior with 5k+ ap whereas the mage hasn't evolved with the rest of the game!

It is no different with bosses and mobs... they haven't evolved with the game.... NO boss should be taken out by 1 man party.... a full party should struggle for ages killing a boss.... but no this is not the case, a full party can easily destroy a boss regardless of which one they are tackling.... they finally updated the towers, so thankfully no more nova-towning/bombing depending what your server calls it. Bosses need to be a long ass fight to take down or a free for all with 2 or 3 parties fighting for the drop (make it last kill gets drop instead of 1st drain/spike/critical) but then that now brings in another subject of drops and the rates!! Another thread for that

All in all, the mage class already has all the tools for the job... it just doesn't have the ability to compete against the items they're coming up against in PvP.

Yes the class needs tweaking but a stat tweak not a skills one.... I personally think a flame mage needs to be a HP/AP build when statting but the support build of light/ice mage should be INT/HP build when applying stats.... alternatively reduce the stats required when building a mage, for example, why do you need so much INT to wear some of the staffs... a staff should always be an MP requirement like the Fulitol/Molok and the other one I cant remember name of and depending on it's elemental bonus and ap will determine how much MP required, this way you balance out what armors a mage requires... make it so the Krowaz/Rons and Shells require higher INT to wear thus lowering the amount of power a mage has with choosing it's staff, then you know a krowaz mage party doesn't become a wrecking crew in PvP but it takes it back to old school days of paper/plate/crystal mages having all the power to make a mage useful in a party (when not built for support) but not overpowered.... that is surely how to balance the class? the same needs to be for other classes too... tweak the items required to build rather than the stats in some instances, as a warrior myself i can near double my str stats with the items in game these days... as stated earlier 5k+ ap, 14k hp and near 2k+ ac is ridiculous while wearing +9/10 armors and wielding a weapon of similar nature is pure serial killer material in PvP zones LOL

The balance will only come with the evolving of the class builds rather than the char itself

Im agree whit you, and i think everyone is, but about Curse Staff, why it have -def? and baals give u +hp is really unconsistence, warriors have the most HP in server, and baals give u more, so if mage got the less def in server, why curse staff have -def? .. oooh i got it, + whit + and - whit - (sarcasm), ahaha, really you guys have to take this is count

Quote Originally Posted by REGISS_[E] View Post
    ye i always wonder about it too, why the weekest def class - mage, have -def on staff and the most tank clas like warrior got even bonus HP with baal.
    +1 whit my budy, as i said before, curse staff should give u +def or +hp, or baals have to give u -def or -str lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ange4Marioo View Post
    Im agree whit you, and i think everyone is, but about Curse Staff, why it have -def? and baals give u +hp is really unconsistence, warriors have the most HP in server, and baals give u more, so if mage got the less def in server, why curse staff have -def? .. oooh i got it, + whit + and - whit - (sarcasm), ahaha, really you guys have to take this is count

+1 whit my budy, as i said before, curse staff should give u +def or +hp, or baals have to give u -def or -str lol

change baal will do no good for us.
    we need one of the following:
    1- skill 62 work in pk or
    2- cursed staff without ac penalty or
    3- adjust the ap system.

Nickname
    XxEternalxX
    Class
    Mage
    Clan
    SEE NO EVIL
    Server
    US->Olympia
    Quote Originally Posted by LuccasSiddhartha View Post
    change baal will do no good for us.
    we need one of the following:
    1- skill 62 work in pk or
    2- cursed staff without ac penalty or
    3- adjust the ap system.
    Yes, or preferably all three + the suggestions which Yahweh made

(by asking for multiple changes we may get one or two, if we only ask for one, we probably wont get any)

Kind Regards.

Nickname
    SNllPER
    Clan
    soldiers
    Race
    Karus
    fixing just the ap on the staff is not enough.. there must be added more def

Nickname
    XxEternalxX
    Class
    Mage
    Clan
    SEE NO EVIL
    Server
    US->Olympia
    Dear NTTGames Community Liaisons,

We now have about 700 views on this thread, we had about 1500 on the last (un-nameable) thread, and about another 1000 on the equivalent EUKO thread. This is well over 3000 views of total interest.

I therefore request that a Community Liaison please put our concerns and requests relating to the mage class being under-powered to NTT Games.

I await an official response.

Yours sincerely.

Nickname
    Yahweh
    Class
    Rogue
    Clan
    Crusaders
    Server
    Gordion
    Race
    Karus
    Quote Originally Posted by trip View Post
    Dear NTTGames Community Liaisons,

We now have about 700 views on this thread, we had about 1500 on the last (un-nameable) thread, and about another 1000 on the equivalent EUKO thread. This is well over 3000 views of total interest.

I therefore request that a Community Liaison please put our concerns and requests relating to the mage class being under-powered to NTT Games.

I await an official response.

Yours sincerely.
    Unfortunately this will fall on deaf ears, had the 'views' been 'posts' with a reasonable discussion about the class then maybe just maybe you may get somewhere but for views, no chance.... 3 of you visit the thread 10 times per day and over the week thats 210 views... see where I am going with this? whereas 10 of you posting 3 times a day is a different scenario
    Over and Out! Good luck with this game

Class
    Rogue
    Clan
    SlayerNation
    Server
    US->Ares
    Race
    Karus
    on the flip-side of that though, the only reason i had not posted is because there wasnt really anything to add.. i could of posted a few times basically just saying "i agree" but that would not of been very helpful or constructive at all..

only thing i hadnt really seen that i could add about mages that bothers me is the cooldown they added to 18skills and aoe burst skills.. it was not originally there and its implementation was due to mage hackers running around spamming the crap out of them at light feet+ speeds.. again due to abuse, skills got dubbed down rather then fix the actual abuse.. i dont actually pk with mage at all, its more of my fun toy side char i love to aoe with, but aoe party's kinda died down when aoe burst got the cooldown added.. i think people would probably actually enjoy to exp mage manually (non-genie) again if that cooldown was removed and put back the way it was originally designed..

Nickname
    XxEternalxX
    Class
    Mage
    Clan
    SEE NO EVIL
    Server
    US->Olympia
    Unfortunately this will fall on deaf ears, had the 'views' been 'posts' with a reasonable discussion about the class then maybe just maybe you may get somewhere but for views, no chance.... 3 of you visit the thread 10 times per day and over the week thats 210 views... see where I am going with this? whereas 10 of you posting 3 times a day is a different scenario
    Hello Yahweh,

As far as I understand it the 'views' are unique views! I just tried testing this; re-viewing the page several times does not increase the view 'count'. As zzz4rchzzz also says, it is probable that most of those views agree with what was said, or they would have vocally disagreed. Even our resident forum anti-mage troll from the previous thread was so logically outclassed with the arguments here that not even he has posted the now standard irrational anti-mage rant!

This said, please don't let an issue which even you agree with fall on death ears. Regardless of the view count issue, you yourself have said that we are under-balanced and have been left behind.

Please Help Us!

Nickname
    Yahweh
    Class
    Rogue
    Clan
    Crusaders
    Server
    Gordion
    Race
    Karus
    Yes I agree the class is under-balanced but my biggest concern with tweaking them is then what happens when you all start your partying together again.... we went DK raiding in CZ 3 days ago and found a mage party exping... I can assure you with all the will in the world we didn't stand a chance against a full party and a priest or 2!!!

This is the situation that may be the reason to leave a mage in that predicament. Do you tweak it so they can party solo or leave as is because they as a group are a dominant force?
    Over and Out! Good luck with this game

Class
    Rogue
    Clan
    SlayerNation
    Server
    US->Ares
    Race
    Karus
    Yes I agree the class is under-balanced but my biggest concern with tweaking them is then what happens when you all start your partying together again.... we went DK raiding in CZ 3 days ago and found a mage party exping... I can assure you with all the will in the world we didn't stand a chance against a full party and a priest or 2!!!

This is the situation that may be the reason to leave a mage in that predicament. Do you tweak it so they can party solo or leave as is because they as a group are a dominant force?
    yes i agree with that too really though.. in nature the mage class is supposed to be well, for lack of a better word squishier then any other.. thats sort of a part 2 why i had prior stayed out of this topic.. mages and archers are better in groups rather then solo and can be very lethal stacked.. thats sort of why i only brought up the unoriginal cooldowns.. the actual MP, HP, AC factors in my opinion are fairly decently balanced.. however the actual skills themselves i feel may need a little bit of an update.. again though i dont actually really pk mage though, so i guess im mostly speaking in exp terms.. from what i have seen on solo pk mages though they seem to hold up decently when against another mage or even rogues, but its not too often they can hold up against a warrior or take a priest solo.. i think maybe resistances from those 2x class's could be countered a bit better or a reduction of some sort in resistances on those 2x class's maybe? just a cple more of my thoughts =)

and try taking a cple db's when raiding mages =) hehe they'll usually scatter all over the place and you can snag one or two that get too far from priest, or they all town on you.. lol