Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Kytan here is the thing

2. It should only be performed works of Knight Online content. Author has to be in possession of all copyrights related with the submission.

what i understand of that, and i could be wrong, if a gm can clarify that, is if you use any image you need to have the copyrights of said image, so lets say you use the knight image from someone else, you need to have the copyright of the image to use it on your composition, kinda like when you buy an image from shutterstock. But if you have the copyright rights lol then you should be safe =P

now the logo =P thats why i said im 90% or so lol

The image was made for a k2 forum event, wich is a shame or i would use it for this competition lol, that logo was made with the font called JudasCaps (ty ladytor), and the online, its the font diablo this one i made it for a forum event, mostly there was only the white with black outline logo, wich is the one you find mostly, i added some effects of gradient, stroke, and bevel and emboss. but hey im ok with that lol i think i upload that one on the old ko k2 forums XD

Ill leave the logo here if anyone wiish it to use it

Last edited by xzagax; 02-22-2016 at 07:53 AM.

You created that logo? That's weird since it's the logo that the website uses and it's the logo on all official KO artwork since forever.

What I understand from the very basic explanation that was given for using third party content, and knowing something about copyrights is that you are not allowed to use anything that you have not created yourself or does not belong to the game. Considering that the logo is pretty much officially part of the game's image, using the logo is to me the same as creating a screenshot or using a render from one of the game's wallpapers.

I think this is probably to protect the company since these artworks are going into the actual game content and using something that someone could cite for copyright infringement could cause problems. Also to prevent what happened in some other competitions where people just used wallpapers from other games and put the KO logo on them.

It would be great if we could get some clarification on these points. At any rate if I'm not allowed to use the logo it would be as simple as removing it from the psd and exporting/ uploading again

Nickname
    Zolten
    Class
    Mage
    Server
    KO -> Europa
    Race
    Karus

nunununu shino, the logo of ko been around since 2004 probably earlier =P but was a plain one, with just a black stroke back in the days, on the i dont know my memory fails, but was old k2 forum i think the second one, the art comunity were we had signature contests every week, was a fun area to pass time, ladytor published the font used in knight´s logo, and from there most of the ppl that was active on that forum posted some crazy same logo but with effects, diferent arrengement lol even the online actually centered XD the logo was created by someone in noah games, we just play with the effects =P
    the logo is from them, its like using any ss from the game, and yeah im guessing the same as the copyright of any image, they dont want to pay any fine for using other ppl work, im guessing thats been an issue for a time now, and thats why they been using a lot of free hand contests.

https://web.archive.org/web/20041210...lineworld.com/
    wayback machine shows the full logo being used as of December 2004 (with the online centered in the diablo font) on the original site. The most that was probably done was to use the judas caps and that font to make OTHER designs of the logo but even that is not the actually logo since the judas caps font has a different G and the I is stylized as a sword in the actual logo. The one you posted looks like the actual logo but with a drop shadow and emboss but it's still the original logo unless you found some way to exactly duplicate the I (sword) to look exactly like the original logo.

Class
    KO -> Warrior
    Server
    KO -> Ares
    Race
    El-Morad
    WOOOOW i see a lot of great works , I tired also a one hopefully you guys will like it either Goodluck to all. here it comes >>>
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Server: ARES
    Nick : Warior / NightCrawler ,,, ALL2LIVE / KURIAN
    Last edited by JusticeForIncase; 02-24-2016 at 01:45 AM.

Nickname
    Kytan
    Clan
    lExpLosioN
    Race
    El-Morad
    Well, they had the same event back in December and I had submited the same image I submited now. At that time, it was said that we could use existing material we could find on internet. As I mentioned, I obviously did that. But again, you won't find this art work as I posted. I did a lot of photoshop on it to put all the elements together (castle, background, knight, logo, blood splash, light effects, blur, etc).

And if the logo was made by you, I won't argue that. This is the game official logo. Same as the 3 winning backgrounds. After this event, they will be in possesion of NTT.

And don't get me wrong... i could do a background using in game images... but I wouldn't use it as a game load screen if I was NTT. There is no way one can make a nice image to be used as a load screen using only game images.

Shinoobie did a nice job. But it takes a long time to do such an art work and 3000 Npoints doesn't pay for a design work although it would be nice to have my picture at the loading screen.

I'm on vacation now and will be back home next Monday. Maybe i will have time to do something else or to do some minor changes. Maybe a new knight at the screen...

Nickname
    Kytan
    Clan
    lExpLosioN
    Race
    El-Morad
    Quote Originally Posted by xzagax View Post
    Kytan here is the thing

2. It should only be performed works of Knight Online content. Author has to be in possession of all copyrights related with the submission.

what i understand of that, and i could be wrong, if a gm can clarify that, is if you use any image you need to have the copyrights of said image, so lets say you use the knight image from someone else, you need to have the copyright of the image to use it on your composition, kinda like when you buy an image from shutterstock. But if you have the copyright rights lol then you should be safe =P

now the logo =P thats why i said im 90% or so lol

The image was made for a k2 forum event, wich is a shame or i would use it for this competition lol, that logo was made with the font called JudasCaps (ty ladytor), and the online, its the font diablo this one i made it for a forum event, mostly there was only the white with black outline logo, wich is the one you find mostly, i added some effects of gradient, stroke, and bevel and emboss. but hey im ok with that lol i think i upload that one on the old ko k2 forums XD

Ill leave the logo here if anyone wiish it to use it

Anyone that google "Knight Online Logo" will find that logo. Post it here doesn't mean you are the creator

The image he posted is in a hosting server that looks like those used ages ago so I don't doubt that he actually made that but not the way he is explaining it. From what I understand he's basically saying that he took the judas caps and diablo font and remade the logo and added effects to it. I doubt that. I think this is the original flat logo just with an emboss and drop-shadow etc added to it. And you can really make some good looking artwork with the ingame screenshots by using lots of effects and getting some really clean looking renders. There's a lot you can do. The picture he posted of the mage for example looks really clean and nice.

Nickname
    Kytan
    Clan
    lExpLosioN
    Race
    El-Morad
    Quote Originally Posted by shin00bie View Post
    The image he posted is in a hosting server that looks like those used ages ago so I don't doubt that he actually made that but not the way he is explaining it. From what I understand he's basically saying that he took the judas caps and diablo font and remade the logo and added effects to it. I doubt that. I think this is the original flat logo just with an emboss and drop-shadow etc added to it. And you can really make some good looking artwork with the ingame screenshots by using lots of effects and getting some really clean looking renders. There's a lot you can do. The picture he posted of the mage for example looks really clean and nice.
    I agree he did a great job using in game images. He might be one of the winners. But I still think that is not quite enough for being used as a loading screen.

The game graphics are not that nice for a good screen. Maybe that is why KO never had a load screen like that before.

But don't get me wrong, he did a great job. But just not enough (in my opinion) for an official image to be displayed as a loading screen. Actually, I don't think that someone will create something that nice (as the current images the game has).

But let's try to keep this thread for images post only. Discussions like this can last too long :P