Nickname
    Riemann
    Clan
    NTTGame
    Race
    Karus

Steam KO FAQ & Q&A

Hail Knights,

Since Knight Online goes live on the Steam platform we have noticed increased number of questions about it. We have compiled this short FAQ but don't hesitate to ask new .
    Our team will do it's best to address as many of them as possible, although we would rather not answer most of the detailed questions about the gameplay (like for example upgrade rates in the Steam version).

This thread will be updated with the incoming Q & A.

*Important note: understood "client" as the game itself.

Q: Do I have to pay for the Steam version?
    A: No! It’s totally free to play!
    Q: Will I be able to play Steam version without Steam account?
    A: You need a Steam Account to play Knight Online Global on Steam. It's easy and free. Create an Steam account for nttgameonline.com
    Q: I have NTTGame portal account can I link it to my steam account?
    A: Unfortunately, no. You will need to login with your steam account to play Knight Online at this time.
    Q: Will One Time Password be available in the Steam version?
    A: It will not be available (OTP it's only for USKO client), although Steam has their own system called Steam Guard Mobile Authenticator.
    Q: Will I be able to use Steam Wallet to purchase Power Up store?
    A: You will be able to use funds from your Steam wallet to purchase PUS items in Knight Online for Steam.
    Q: Will I be able to use my current NPoints in the Steam version?
    A: Unfortunately you will not be able to do it because you have to use Steam account. Please use a Steam Wallet instead.
    Q: Will I be able to connect Steam Knight Online Servers from the current game client?
    A: No, there will be a separate game client downloaded from the Steam platform.
    Q: Will Steam Knight Online users be able to access USKO servers.
    A: No, it is a different client.
    Q: Can I transfer my USKO character to the Steam Version?
    A: We currently have separated the Steam Client from the original USKO client. There are no transferring services at this time.
    Q: Will there be any IP restrictions?
    A: No, anyone is welcome to play. The server will be international.
    Q: Will SMS verification be necessary for in-game trading?
    A: No, however your character will need to be level 35. Remember that although not reached level 35, you can make trade with NPC in game same as USKO version.
    Q: Will in-game events be the same?
    A: Yes, but the schedule will be adjusted for the server time (EST). More information will come in the next week.

Q: Steam client will have the same maintenance schedule as the current game (USKO)?
    A: It hasn't been confirmed yet. You will find more information at the right moment.
    Q: Can I run both version at the same time, since they are from different platforms?
    A: No. We are very sorry, you can not run both clients simultaneously.
    Q: What I have to do to play on the new server of Steam version?
    A: First of all, you must install program Steam Valve, create Steam account and then perform download and installation of Knight Online Global client (note that during installation of game you must accept the "End User License Agreement" known as EULA). To run client you need login with your Steam account.
    Q: Is the level cap 80 or 83?
    A: When we open the server, the level cap will be 80.
    Q: Will Dragon Boxes and Special Monster Summon Staff be sold in the PUS?
    A: These items will not be available when we open the server, but may be added at a later date.
    Last edited by riemann; 01-21-2016 at 04:34 PM.

Class
    KO -> Warrior
    Clan
    BadFamily
    Server
    KO -> Gordion
    Race
    Karus
    Thanks for posting FAQ, it will make it a lot easier for everyone now.

I would like to point out the OTP/ICS subject since I saw another thread about it and there will probably be many others.

Q: http://forum.nttgame.com/forum/showt...-Stean-and-Otp
    A: Post #3

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who it's for or against."

Nickname
    Riemann
    Clan
    NTTGame
    Race
    Karus
    It's 4th question in our FAQ

Class
    KO -> Warrior
    Clan
    BadFamily
    Server
    KO -> Gordion
    Race
    Karus
    Quote Originally Posted by riemann View Post
    It's 4th question in our FAQ

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who it's for or against."

What is new server name ?

Adonis ?

Now there will be two versions of Knightonline that I trust the legacy and the soon to launch Steam's version. Let me see if I can setup some noob in Steam and hope to use it when main KO servers become not available. Wishing Good luck to the new Steam servers and hope they will have like KO vs Steam. I missed the USKO vs JPKO vs KOKO days...

Will they have(Steam) the same maintenance schedule as the current game?

Can I run both version at the same time?

If Steam will be successful -- the server first launch will be like the future oldest server in Steam -- Ares in the current KO.

in anticipation of the launch -- I setup steam account, try one of the free game to see how steam works-setup stage, installation takes times and with updates,launch the game,login need registration- stopped, looks like I am ready for hte launch.....
    Last edited by Manghihilot; 01-14-2016 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Manghihilot View Post

Will they have(Steam) the same maintenance schedule as the current game?

Can I run both version at the same time?
    1. It hasn't been confirmed yet.

2. Sorry, you cannot.

Class
    KO -> Rogue
    Race
    Karus
    Hi there!

As you know, many Turkish players would come Steam. Also, many of them do not know how to set it up . I would like to ask some questions if its ok for you?

- Most of us curious about koxp. Do you have anything to stop it? Of course not permanently, but transitory..

- How will be market? Many cheaters have 6-7 account at the same time, as you know. In steam that wouldn't be possible, right?

Here is the last question,

- How many servers will be on steam? In my opinion, one server wouldn't be enough. I can't imagine that pk would be 200 vs 200

Thank you, waiting for steam, waiting a old usko, without rude players.

Hope there will be atleast a steam 1/2/3 to logg for exp.. Els ks will be insane

Q Will there be a link to download the client before launch? Cozz i never used steam before

Quote Originally Posted by MSTFF View Post
    Hi there!

As you know, many Turkish players would come Steam. Also, many of them do not know how to set it up . I would like to ask some questions if its ok for you?

I hope the english community will be larger than the turkish community,we have enough turkish servers and we are hungry for an international server with all the people over the world.