Warrior combo advice needed.

Hi Guys,

Hope the experts here could give me some guides for warrior combos.

I tried to do some combo while in MonsterStone,
    however, the skill doesn't seem to make any damage to the mob but there is attack animation animated(such as swing the weapon on the mob).

Problem 1:
    I spam press only on HellBlade skill to attack, and I saw only the character swing the weapon on the mob but not making the damage to the mob, when I check on the status window and I saw multiple cast of HellBlade without consuming any mana and deal any damages to the npc.
    Show as below screenshot.

Problem 2:
    There is a message saying I am either too far from the mob or facing wrong direction while I am facing exactly toward it and right next to it when I press "R".
    Show as below screenshot too.

I was told by my buddy that sometimes due to server lag or comboing too fast might cause that issue,
    Even for spamming skill to attack and keep failing?

And can anyone teach me how PK Combo?

Thank you for your time and advice in advance.

Regards

Nickname
    Nuria
    Class
    Mage
    Clan
    FENIX
    Server
    Gordion
    Race
    Karus
    Timing is crucial for comboing. I am not good myself but have heard you need to wait 1 second after "R" before you use your skill.

Nickname
    TactricitaN
    Class
    Rogue
    Server lag can mess up your attack combo, so take it into consideration when you attack.

Once you hit a mob with a skill, you see a small "explosion" near their feet. I normally wait for this to disappear before I use my next skill again (I'm assasin)
    For warriors, the 70 and 80 skill have a cooldown that allow you to use it again once the cooldown is over as long you don't have any lag.

Class
    KO -> Warrior
    Clan
    BadFamily
    Server
    KO -> Gordion
    Race
    Karus
    Quote Originally Posted by _Intruder_ View Post
    Hi Guys,

Hope the experts here could give me some guides for warrior combos.

I tried to do some combo while in MonsterStone,
    however, the skill doesn't seem to make any damage to the mob but there is attack animation animated(such as swing the weapon on the mob).

Problem 1:
    I spam press only on HellBlade skill to attack, and I saw only the character swing the weapon on the mob but not making the damage to the mob, when I check on the status window and I saw multiple cast of HellBlade without consuming any mana and deal any damages to the npc.
    Show as below screenshot.

Problem 2:
    There is a message saying I am either too far from the mob or facing wrong direction while I am facing exactly toward it and right next to it when I press "R".
    Show as below screenshot too.

I was told by my buddy that sometimes due to server lag or comboing too fast might cause that issue,
    Even for spamming skill to attack and keep failing?

And can anyone teach me how PK Combo?

Thank you for your time and advice in advance.

Regards
    Hello.

Well, combo's timing is indeed crucial. Timing skills and R's depends on your connection to the server, some people might be able to achieve a better combo because their connection is better.

About you problems.

1. Hell blade has 0.8 sec cooldown, means that if you'll spam it like crazy.. obviously it will fail.
    You should be timing your R's and Hell blade carefully, you can't just spam both and expect your combo to be perfect.

I recommend on starting with Skill R-R combo, this is a very effective combo and easy to learn.
    You'll have to use hell blade and right away(something like 0.2sec later) click R and then R again (twice). Then wait about 0.4-0.5sec and click hell blade again.

Work on it, try to achieve faster timing without failing your skills, start from slow and slowly slowly try to do it a bit faster till you achieve a perfect combo.

Once you get the point, you can start practicing on different combo's as well, such as Skill S R, Skill S W R, Skill S R S and such.
    Not simple compared to the skill RR combo but might be very useful in VS. against rogues/archers.

2. It says wrong direction or too far, I hope you're standing still while you're trying to do combo, running in circles around the mob or anything like that won't do any good for your combo.
    In PK it's a different story because you can't walk right through players, you are getting blocked as soon as you touch them, means you can run straight after them and combo.

I don't think anyone here can teach you combo, well technically yes of curse someone can but combo is something you learn from practicing a while.
    It's not something you learn in a day.
    Last edited by DaDegano; 04-13-2015 at 03:25 PM.

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who it's for or against."

Thank you brothers for the feeback.

To Wilds_in_304,
    The "too far or different direction" message occurs the moment I pressed down the "R"

To NorTactricitaN,
    Sure, I will try to obvious if there is any small animation on the mob's leg at my end and catch for the timing.

To DaDegano,
    For point one,
    I guess already doing the way you were saying but instead of RR Skill, I am doing S R Skill and W R Skill (swap alternately).
    and as for the timing, say for HellBlade skill, we can see like when the skill is casted,
    we will see the charaction swing it weapon twice from right top to left bottom and left top to bottom right(something like that),
    the damage kicks in between these two swings, that is the moment I press the S or W to terminate the animation and R to start chase up then press skill after 0.5sec, when speaking of "chase up" it is facing the mob with the distance of either you press and release "S" one time or two time(max),
    because my combo is "S R Skill", "S R Skill" and "W R Skill", unless it is terribly wrong on doing this way.
    and I can't see why the Hellblade skill cast shows up but no damage effect because the skill never get spam press twice in a row and there is a least has a gaps time in between each other.
    Unlike the other, I am not a combo pro, I did all this combo shots with two hand.

And as for second point, yes, I am standing still, one step away from the mob, facing towards it, and the "too far" message shows up right at the moment I press R. it doesn't happen if I am using raptor, but it happens while I am using buju (to practice the combo on new weap), i checked on the spec, both of the weap shouldn't have any different accept the AP, the rest of the characteristic should be the same, I don't see why raptor works but not buju.
    and sorry to say that, when it happens, I didn't swap to raptor to try out if it happen the same way during that time ( will try out definitely next time)

as for the PK combo, yeah, this is what I am trying to learn, so far my combo works on still object and I can deal with it, but when comes to moving object, how can a warrior deal combo on the opponent as it is so fat to catch up the run away opponent ( such as hacker, sin, archer, horse rider )

Thank you guys for the input, I hope whoever reach this post can learn something new too.

Cheers.

hmmmmm by the way, how come the linked picture doesn't show up on the first post T_T

Nickname
    TactricitaN
    Class
    Rogue
    Because you've done something wrong. Get the direct link for image, then put [IMG] in front and [/IMG] after the link.

Example: [IMG]http://www.pictureurl.com[/ IMG]

(no space between / and IMG, I just have it there so it shows)

To NorTactricitaN:
    Hmm.... does that mean that I need to type in the syntax here to link up the image instead of clicking the "Insert Image" button (which I was using that approach)?

and by the way, I had a quick scan on the reply from me to you, and I noticed that I typed the wrong gramma "obvious", I was meant to say "observe" but don't know why I typed "obvious" instead XD lol too much gaming I guess.

Hope you guys don't mind for the incorrect typo~ or perhaps incorrect english :x