Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Game Crashes after selected the character.

Hi Guys,

There is an issue I would like to seek for you guys help, thank you in advance for your time.

The game crashes every time after I selected the character(at where the character animates to walk towards to you), and then ask me if I wanted to report the bug.

(sorry I unable to upload the screenshot T_T)
    the error pop up windows is basically as below message.
    "Sorry, Unexpected error has occurred. Bug report makes Knight Online improved. Do you want to report the bug? [Yes] [No]"

Different Operating system gives different behaviours,
    - Windows XP : Never have such issue at all.
    - Windows 7 : Occasionally, only happen sometimes. Say, Maybe happen today not tomorrow or day after.
    - Windows 8 : Hell, this is a pain in the ar**, it happens all the times whenever I am trying to log in, I need to log in for 3-5 times to see the bloody crash pop up window before I could get into the game smoothly. If I happen to disconnect from the game and need to re-log in again, I again need to go through those crashes again before I am obtain a smooth game load.

Machine spec:
    - Windows XP : Old laptop with this OS, and it runs well just slow on game play but manage to survive.
    - Windows 7 : Old laptop with this OS, say IBM T400 with reasonable dedicated graphic card, satisfy game play.
    - Windows 8 : Alienware X51 with 16GB RAM + NVIDIA GTX760 Ti graphic card. and it crashes as mentions above.

I hate this issue because whenever there is a server restart,
    I tried to get in fast for boss hunt(the alienware game loads really fast),
    but due to the crashes + OTP requirement, it takes me more than 10mins to get into game in average,
    all bosses are gone by then, even my T400 manages to load ingame before my Alienware hahahahahhahah.

Hope any expert here could give me a hand on resolving this issue.

Thank you very much.

Regards,
    Intruder

Nickname
    Tenishia
    Class
    Priest
    Clan
    GuardiansoftheAbyss
    Race
    El-Morad
    There are some issues with windows 8....as to what they are at this moment is that I do not know, but I can hear my brother screaming all the time from his room....You might wanna make sure that you do one of two things....Make sure your running the game as an admin, and second of all....try flushing your dns a few times....ipconfig /flushdns.....These are only suggestions you may try.
    Edana Human Sheriff Tenishia

Class
    KO -> Warrior
    Clan
    BadFamily
    Server
    KO -> Gordion
    Race
    Karus
    Hello.

Well, I highly doubt there is any problem with your OS.
    I know for a fact that most of laptop users in KO don't always manage to log into this game without getting an error.

I know few players in my clan that uses laptop and once they dc, it takes them up to 15min till they manage to log back into KO..
    Some of them use w8 some use w7.

so I'm not entirely sure what causes the issue, but it's happening with laptops more than it happens with a desk computer.
    I remember, I had this error maybe.. once or twice since it started happening to the laptop users.

But for them? it's happening every time they try to log into KO..

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who it's for or against."

Nickname
    LethaLREGISS
    Class
    KO -> Warrior
    Race
    Karus
    Quote Originally Posted by DaDegano View Post
    Hello.

Well, I highly doubt there is any problem with your OS.
    I know for a fact that most of laptop users in KO don't always manage to log into this game without getting an error.

I know few players in my clan that uses laptop and once they dc, it takes them up to 15min till they manage to log back into KO..
    Some of them use w8 some use w7.

so I'm not entirely sure what causes the issue, but it's happening with laptops more than it happens with a desk computer.
    I remember, I had this error maybe.. once or twice since it started happening to the laptop users.

But for them? it's happening every time they try to log into KO..
    i think i found common part, made few experiments with few laptops also asked few friends to check their GPU chipset. All those laptops that got integrated GPU on motherboard got problems with dc /crashes at login. Those that have GPU from nvida or radeon have no problems at all. Would be good if more ppl coul check thier GPU at their laptops and write down if they have problem or not. And checked that only at windows 7.
    How to instal OTP - CLICK HERE
    How to verify your account with SMS to enable trade - CLICK HERE
    How to use Pay Safe Cards - CLICK HERE
    Rest of useful Guides - CLICK HERE
    I don't speak Turkish, so please if you need something, use English at my pm's.

Class
    KO -> Warrior
    Clan
    BadFamily
    Server
    KO -> Gordion
    Race
    Karus
    Quote Originally Posted by REGISS_ View Post
    i think i found common part, made few experiments with few laptops also asked few friends to check their GPU chipset. All those laptops that got integrated GPU on motherboard got problems with dc /crashes at login. Those that have GPU from nvida or radeon have no problems at all. Would be good if more ppl coul check thier GPU at their laptops and write down if they have problem or not. And checked that only at windows 7.
    True that, but we both know that it shouldn't happen.. whether they have a GPU from nvidia or radeon.
    It should work normally for everyone, this is why I consider it wierd..

This issue been there since the last expansion, not sure what caused it to happen but it should be fixed ASAP. (Although I hate laptops )

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who it's for or against."

Nickname
    LethaLREGISS
    Class
    KO -> Warrior
    Race
    Karus
    Quote Originally Posted by DaDegano View Post
    True that, but we both know that it shouldn't happen.. whether they have a GPU from nvidia or radeon.
    It should work normally for everyone, this is why I consider it wierd..

This issue been there since the last expansion, not sure what caused it to happen but it should be fixed ASAP. (Although I hate laptops )

well true it shouldn`t happend, it was more like expresing my own observation
    How to instal OTP - CLICK HERE
    How to verify your account with SMS to enable trade - CLICK HERE
    How to use Pay Safe Cards - CLICK HERE
    Rest of useful Guides - CLICK HERE
    I don't speak Turkish, so please if you need something, use English at my pm's.

Nickname
    Kytan
    Clan
    lExpLosioN
    Race
    El-Morad
    Intruder,

Sometimes it happens to me also, but in a different way... After I selected my char, it appears that "Loading data, etc" screen... it stays in there for a couple minutes (about 2 or 3) without any progress... than the game is closed and I have to launch it again.

Usually it happens only at the first time I'm connecting. I thought it was a problem with my internet, Idk... In fact It never concerned me that much cause I'm always able to connect at the 2nd attempt...

Hi everyone,

First of all, thank you very much for paying attention on this matter.

As listed at above.
    the one that crashes the most on when I log in every time, is a powerful machine which I just bought it not long ago,

it is Alienware X51(desktop) with 16GB RAM + NVIDIA GTX760 Ti dedicated graphic card with windows 8,
    It takes only few seconds to log into the game (from the moment you click start on the launcher, and excluded the crashing counts),
    but when comes to crashing, you feel like want to bash the screen, it takes ages to log in, even my oldest laptop get into game before it does.
    so I don't think graphic card or because of running from laptop has thing to do with it.

the one works 100% is actually a low end laptop with windows xp that has a integrated graphic card with low end graphic ability, 3gb ram and low processing power, and it manages to get into the game before the giant desktop gets in hahahahahahahah.

I did click to submit the bug report on the pop up windows, I believe it does send out the log or something to the relevant party or it doesn't?

and besides, the game runs as administration too, and it is still crashing.

There is one thing that I suspect that causes the game crashes is the "Notification" setting.
    I don't remember windows XP has such thing in the OS, and it seesm running ok,
    and for windows7 and windows8, they both has that features,
    I wonder if it will still crashes if we turn that off entirely, which I really hesitate to fix the game play in that way.

So what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by _Intruder_ View Post

There is one thing that I suspect that causes the game crashes is the "Notification" setting.
    I don't remember windows XP has such thing in the OS, and it seesm running ok,
    and for windows7 and windows8, they both has that features,
    I wonder if it will still crashes if we turn that off entirely, which I really hesitate to fix the game play in that way.

So what do you think?
    I turned it off on both desktop and laptop, it is still the same.

Hmm ... Did you tried add launcher client as exception on firewall and also at antivirus, besides execute as administrator?

... Life is always like a game, anything could happen. Learn play fair!