Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

what is going on???????

greetings all

I have a question and that is why after we have free otp that not work for all players in this game.
    there is the situation that more and more people got hacked.
    You can see on the forum how manny there is .
    my question how can people get hacked ??????? and can this game owner do nothing about it or he dont care?????
    If i see in moradon a char selling (maancnik) all kinds of stuf that seems coming from chars that are being hacked and this owner
    do nothing about it it shows to me he have less or nearly nothing respect for the players
    only thinking about how can i be generate alot of money.
    i have many in game friends that got hacked and he is selling the stuff that they have lost .
    And b.t.w if i was owner of this game i never let other people making money buy spamming selling gold items and premium .
    or he must think well i dont care if people buy premium it give me money if people buy gold i dont care.
    or i my mind is there maybe i sell that items to make more money or sell info off chars and get double????????

They do not care Ton, they just keep say use otp like that is some miracle cure for all that is wrong with this game. Four people hacked in our clan in the last week or so, including my husband who plays Ehlana char. So far we carry on tho I don't know for how much longer. These are good people who never cheat and work hard for their items and some little runt comes along and steals it all..... I know the problem isn't on our end so what are ntt games not telling us?

It is obvious from the amount of posts about being hacked that there is a big problem on their side somewhere so how about some action to safeguard our accounts? You expect us to pay yet give no help when people are hacked. I will not even bother sending a ticket as really what is the point?

We have played this game longer than most players have been out of nappys, we are old legit players but that counts for nothing these days. I am just furious that this is happening again, I remember the "folk village hacker" days. And guess where my husbands char was left...yes Folk village.

Last time this happened at least the old owners had the grace to do restorations, now we get nothing. Its too late for us but for Gods sake get off ur asses and sort this out.

Nickname
    LethaLREGISS
    Class
    KO -> Warrior
    Race
    Karus
    Quote Originally Posted by knightcurse24 View Post
    They do not care Ton, they just keep say use otp like that is some miracle cure for all that is wrong with this game.
    not for everthing, OTP protecting you from getting hacked.
    How to instal OTP - CLICK HERE
    How to verify your account with SMS to enable trade - CLICK HERE
    How to use Pay Safe Cards - CLICK HERE
    Rest of useful Guides - CLICK HERE
    I don't speak Turkish, so please if you need something, use English at my pm's.

Quote Originally Posted by REGISS_ View Post
    not for everthing, OTP protecting you from getting hacked.
    Like i have said otp not work for evry 1

The point is not if otp stops you getting hacked, it is how we are getting hacked in the first place? So many being hacked at the same time does no one find this at all strange? I have played this game since it started so yes I know hacking does happen, but when it is happening as regular as this, it makes me think something is really wrong with game security. But why should ntt games really care as long as we all carry on play and hand over our cash...

If it was not for my in game friends I would quit this game tomorrow, but if this hacking carry's on who knows if they will be next? If this hacking carry's on you will lose customers and that will hit your profits. I don't expect you to care for your customers but loss of profit might prompt some action.

Race
    El-Morad
    extensive inspections by the security team so far revealed "nothing".
    There is nothing wrong with the account security.

my plausible explanation to recent hack events is two improvements done
    1- Reset security password via email feature has been fixed at some point in recent months. This was bugged for a long time, and didnt work. When people had their emails compromised in the past, only lost their unsealed items to hackers.. now they lose it all if they dont have OTP.. my advice to everyone is to use a dedicated email for the account itself. Preferably gmail and have the sms login option activated. so everytime you login to that email, it sends you a one time code.

2- OTP used to be only allowed to install on a single device. Users wanted to be able to install more than single copy of it, so it was made.. yet some users thought its a good idea to use OTP to share accounts rather than protect it.. giving someone an activation code to install OTP along with your id and pw is the same thing as giving them your account.. hence.. a number of hacks happened from this field..

3- As OTP usage became more common in past 3 months, people also developed the habit of giving their mates, buddies, an OTP code via phone, vent or ts, for them to log in, assuming now they got OTP and nothing can happen.. telling someone the code twice can get your account hacked.. simple as that.
    The person can login to portal instead of the game, use the code to reset your seal password, then say "ahh it didnt work, can you tell the code again" this time log on the game and empty your account.. well.. as some users kept doing this, there you go, a number hacks happened in this field.

4-a lot of clans have the bad habit of sharing accounts, some clan leaders have access to multiple accounts at once.. also lets not forget the fact that a lot of clans also have the habit of establishing genie parties and giving teamviewer access to their buddies, all of these also contribute to hacks.. the more people share the more risk they expose their accounts to.

5-repeating hack posts in the forum, quickly inspired some foxy users to hack their own selves, and join in the Yelling club on forums, or some users who have been hacked, also did the same thing hoping if they make enough noise maybe they can get items restored. All of these are especially visible on the Turkish side of the forum. If you inspect the hack posts there, you will see that there are nearly no users that follow the forum regularly. 90% of users either came to the forum after a hack, or some are keep creating new accounts and again joining the yelling club, to make it look like its a bigger issue. Why do we have almost no forum regulars hacked? a website breach, or security compromise on the site, would cause hacks on people from all groups.. so maybe forum regulars are more vigilant and aware to protect their accounts, and take necessary steps to use improved services like OTP?

please anyone don't dare to tell me how expensive OTP service is or sms should be free or claim OTP is all about money...
    if any player here has decent gear where they fear of being hacked, here is a simple math
    if you are geared up, obviously you use undy scrolls.. a single undy scroll costs 300 NPoints
    300 points can get you 60 sms verification costs, that is enough to protect your account for months or years.. i have OTP on 3 accounts, and i havent used more than 30 points so far in past 4 months.
    If you are not geared up, have casual stuff on your account, you are not really a hacker target to begin with.. petty hacks always happened and will always happen. no digital data is 100% safe.. your operating system has a million ways of getting hacked to begin with !!

it cannot be completely free, or it will defeat the purpose of stopping botters to use it.. people who yelled hard when OTP was implemented in Asgard about how it has to be free etc.. yes now i think the first few sms are free.. (NTT listened to players right?)
    now.. would you see any farmers or children botting in every moradon spot in Asgard if OTP was kept the way it was .. and even a single SMS required 5 Npoints?

yes OTP activation can sometimes be difficult, and sometimes a pain to get it working. Usually once its installed properly, it causes no dramas afterwards..
    if i have an account where i spent months or even years to level up, or gear up, i or anyone "should" have the patience to get OTP up and running, spend hours for it if necessary !!

even using OTP doesn't mean that we will never get hacked.. but it will greatly diminish the chances of it. I am regularly reading posts from people getting hacked while having OTP , but nearly all of these are operating system hacks where remote assistance or remote desktop features were used via trojans... and some others are because of sharing or telling OTP codes.
    Last edited by BuD4Ne; 08-23-2014 at 02:22 AM.
    "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."

Bruce Lee

With all due respect Bud4ne, you are a volunteer forum moderator and as such you only know what ntt games choose to tell u I assume? Really can u imagine if ntt games admit that their had been some type of leak and passwords got out, the uproar this would cause amongst people who got hacked.....
    So I fully expect to be told that all is safe and sound, I would probably drop dead with shock if they admit there was a problem:P

The e-mail on my husbands account belonged to my son who protects his e-mail with a authenticator, so I am 100% sure his account was not hacked via his e-mail. My husband is a clan leader but we don't and have never shared accounts with any1, he did not have fantastic items, as although we have played a long time, we have played for fun and friends. However what he did have was earned the proper way. We do not log on dodgy sites, keep virus scans up to date etc and the password was not 1 that could be easy guessed.

Like I said it is too late for him, he will carry on play a little with help from friends and with noob items. I am just concerned that too many people we know are being hacked for it to be normal. Yes I fully understand that people cry "hack" to get help, but there is no help from ntt games. I don't expect help or sympathy, I just do not want other people to be hacked also.

when we register for this game -- email and info provided -- work the first time. perfect.
    sms so that to be able to trade inside the game -- provided cell phone -- does not work everytime and costing us npoints. How about people who have no npoints? No SMS no merchanting. (no hacking)
    The OTP come -- provided email and cell phone -- does not work everytime and asking for npoints to make it work. How about people who have no npoints -- then cannot proceed with OTP. No OTP.
    Hacking -- we need assurance that nttgame is doing their best to protect the game and their database. No inside job. No vulnerability on their database.
    you are not even using https in your website.

Race
    El-Morad
    Quote Originally Posted by knightcurse24 View Post
    With all due respect Bud4ne, you are a volunteer forum moderator and as such you only know what ntt games choose to tell u I assume? Really can u imagine if ntt games admit that their had been some type of leak and passwords got out, the uproar this would cause amongst people who got hacked.....
    So I fully expect to be told that all is safe and sound, I would probably drop dead with shock if they admit there was a problem:P

The e-mail on my husbands account belonged to my son who protects his e-mail with a authenticator, so I am 100% sure his account was not hacked via his e-mail. My husband is a clan leader but we don't and have never shared accounts with any1, he did not have fantastic items, as although we have played a long time, we have played for fun and friends. However what he did have was earned the proper way. We do not log on dodgy sites, keep virus scans up to date etc and the password was not 1 that could be easy guessed.

Like I said it is too late for him, he will carry on play a little with help from friends and with noob items. I am just concerned that too many people we know are being hacked for it to be normal. Yes I fully understand that people cry "hack" to get help, but there is no help from ntt games. I don't expect help or sympathy, I just do not want other people to be hacked also.
    No they don't tell me what to say ..
    my opinion is of my own, and is based on 20 years of experience with computers and nearly a decade with the game.
    if we inspect hack cases, their nature and occurrence in where, when, how and compare the data with over all number of hacked accounts. The numbers all add up perfectly fine.

Objectively speaking, we cannot expect NTT game to start restoring lost items before anything is proven to be caused by a technical fault. That's what they've been telling people.. that accounts and the portal system are being inspected.

Trust me all moderators are on players side whenever we can. But we all don't want to see 100 fake hack abusers to benefit from the cases of 50 real victims.
    Hacks do happen in every aspect of digital life, no one shares a credit card but it gets stolen, no one shares their Internet banking info but it gets cracked, there are hundreds of ways where a hacker can acquire your data without your knowledge or even fault. And trust me, some hackers lurking around KO aren't newbies.. they are highly capable, and games like KO where items can be traded and have very high black market value are perfect places to make easy money without getting pursued by legal authorities since virtual game belongings are not protected by any law in any country.

Another point is, a great number of people breach game rules that expose accounts at some point, for instance, in the game people trade accounts like cupcakes.. but when they're hacked, "no one" says "hey i bought an account and got hacked" all stories suddenly turn innocent.. so when you listen to other players stories, you should consider all possibilities before assuming the best of them and the worst of NTT game.

All i wish is people stop believing in Armageddon stories and get into thinking all these happen due to website leaks.. the overall pattern doesn't indicate that's the case. I might be wrong, and if so, we will see in the near future.
    Last edited by BuD4Ne; 08-24-2014 at 02:18 AM.
    "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."

Bruce Lee

Nickname
    LethaLREGISS
    Class
    KO -> Warrior
    Race
    Karus
    Quote Originally Posted by Binondo View Post
    How about people who have no npoints -- then cannot proceed with OTP. No OTP.
    you can get free Npoint but you need to spare some time to make a survey, but ppl are to lazy even for that.
    How to instal OTP - CLICK HERE
    How to verify your account with SMS to enable trade - CLICK HERE
    How to use Pay Safe Cards - CLICK HERE
    Rest of useful Guides - CLICK HERE
    I don't speak Turkish, so please if you need something, use English at my pm's.