Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Knight Online doomed....Or is it?

So I started USKO back in 2004. And what an amazing game it was and it was my first mmo.I got to see fire drake expansion, knight empire, new maradon release etc. I played it for years and had a blast, as almost everyone played fairly. After those years I decided to take a break so in between those years I played all the different games including knight online pservers. Pservers would be wiped once in a while so I thought "You know what lets go back to official knight online". I knew that whenever K2Network was running the game it was getting worse every year. People who started back in 2004-2006 will know what I'm talking about. So I thought KO is run by NTT now so it might be better than K2Network. So I played today with a new char till lvl 18. So my first impressions were so good that I've decided to quit it.

Within minutes of logging in I've seen at least 10 koxpers running about. So I thought hmm I bet they will get banned fast but nope. I've seen them online for 6 hours now and they are still not banned. So I started levelling thinking it will get better.....how wrong I was. Mages running around and casting fire balls/arrows while moving. Spamming their ignite while running at super speeds and warriors that run faster than the speed of light......I don't even want to know what happens at higher lvls, you probably don't even get a party if you don't k0xp. That's how bad it got.
    Last edited by ThunderHammer; 07-24-2014 at 10:17 AM. Reason: up*

Class
    KO -> Warrior
    Clan
    BadFamily
    Server
    KO -> Gordion
    Race
    Karus
    Well, I understand your frustration..
    But don't forget one thing, there are more than 3 servers in this game and also some servers has more than one channel.

You can't expect GMs to be online 24/7 in every single server and take care of all this koxpers.
    As you've probably noticed (with all the respect.) NTTGame isn't the biggest company when it comes to their number of employees.
    What I can say for sure is, on the last year the game have improved from his previous state.
    Like you said you haven't played really, therefore I don't think you realize how the game was improved.

Some servers has a "nice" amount of hackers and some don't have anything close to it.
    For example, I'm playing at anatolia and you won't see hackers very often here..
    Don't take it the wrong way, it doesn't means we don't have here hackers at all but it do means we don't have much.
    Usually, the newest servers has the biggest amount of hackers and yeah I know its not that great for those servers because it bothers them more than it bothers players in old servers.

If those hackers really bother you, just make a cheat report and I believe someone will take care of them asap.
    Also, don't forget that once they're getting banned while they're low level (you said your level is 18? I guess they would be about the same?) they'll just make
    another character. SO even if a GM banned this specific hacker yesterday, this hacker will make another account and try to level it again.

Just take it easy, report them and someone will take care of them.

Nickname
    Chanzeer
    Class
    Warrior
    Server
    Athena
    Race
    Karus
    its screwed, unless NTT gets of their ass and does something about the cheaters and hackers
    inb4 banned because they are too afraid to face the truth
    Chuggernaut-Athena

Class
    KO -> Warrior
    Clan
    BadFamily
    Server
    KO -> Gordion
    Race
    Karus
    Quote Originally Posted by DuffyKing View Post
    its screwed, unless NTT gets of their ass and does something about the cheaters and hackers
    inb4 banned because they are too afraid to face the truth
    I believe they can face the truth, just don't be rude.

Think about it by yourself, they are working so they earn money right?
    Why would they want to lose players? less players = less money..

I'm pretty sure they're doing their best to take care of these hackers, in my opinion they just need to hire some more gms..developers or whatever will help them
    to get rid of this hackers we have walking in KO.

But like the topic creator said, he plays since 2004 and he quitted after a while so he don't really know what happened during these years.
    I've played during 2004 as well, I can't say that I played 10years in a row, I had my few months break every now and then (real life matters etc.)
    But I was there most of the time and I can assure you, K2 made a lot of people quit.

If you remember, when NTTGame was the publishers of EUKO only, everything was just fine for the players.
    Because they had enough staff to take care of everything.
    On meanwhile, K2Network (GamersFirst) was busy ruining the game with injecting insane items and doing the "minimum" so they can stay as publishers.
    After "the thing" MGame had against K2, they have finally removed the partnership they had with K2 and started a partnership with NTTGame over USKO as well.

NTTGame basically recieved a broken game that they had to take care of, with a lot of servers and 10 times more players than EUKO.

Think about it before you come and complain over something you don't understand.
    Look into the improvements they've made, I know its not even close to be the best yet but I can assure you its way better than it used to be.

Nickname
    Chanzeer
    Class
    Warrior
    Server
    Athena
    Race
    Karus
    good news is quest work, back in 2007 some of them didnt work
    I miss the quest where you have to go into abyss and kill for black silk
    Chuggernaut-Athena

Class
    KO -> Warrior
    Clan
    BadFamily
    Server
    KO -> Gordion
    Race
    Karus
    Quote Originally Posted by DuffyKing View Post
    good news is quest work, back in 2007 some of them didnt work
    I miss the quest where you have to go into abyss and kill for black silk
    You see? some quests that would be bugged until now is working again.
    I know its not up to NTTGame , after all its MGame that fixing the bugs but I'm assuming NTTGame just pushed them more than K2 did to take care of bugs.

Class
    Rogue
    Server
    Athena
    Race
    El-Morad
    I remember too when there were people defending K2 then G1 in the forums.

Horrible things happened with this game. Lots of them. Gift item spreading, asian blockage, folk village hacker, death patches...pfff I've been on this game for so so long and it's a love-hate relationship. I love the PVP style but I hate grinding my way to 80+ dealing with botters, hackers, broken quests, broken NPCs, broken rewards, broken graphics. I hate to deal with the fact that 80% of the server doesn't speak my language and I have to struggle while communicating a simple idea to an anonymous player.

Even with all that, we still play the game, even after being hacked (like happened to me) we come back and play again.

NTTGame is a company. KO is a business. They make money out of you and me. That's it. There's no good or bad guys, just employees working for a salary. That's it. Knight Online is not a duty for them, it's just a job. As soon as you understand this you'll be ok. K2 was bad. We know, but I still have Adam or Chris on Twitter. They are nice people but they were working for the wrong company. The MMO business is basically making money out of people's addiction. They deal with people who spend 8,10, 15 hours per day playing and they will try to get as much as they can of them. Look at bigger games. All those companies do the same.

Knight Online is Noah's child. But they don't care anymore. It's not their best selling game. It's not their only game. They have done lots of games through the years, mostly for Asian market. KO is an asian game which happens to become sort of successful in Turkey. NTT runs advertisement in Turkey. Not in the US, Australia or Southamerica. Turkey. Because that's where most of their money come from. It's already been proved that KO is a game mostly dedicated and directed towards the Turkish community. It's not a bad thing. They pay their salaries. Not us. We're the minority and we should bite the bullet as it comes.

KO is a broken game and they get money anyway. If you are in an old server you can't even PVP in a legit way because most players have fishy items or babashopped items. Honor is history. Back in time, most English speaking clans played this sort of "honor code" or "rule" playing fair and square with their enemies. No babas, no third party tools, nothing. Just skill. That's history. That doesn't happen anymore and I truly encourage everybody to forget that bs and move on. KO is not anymore a place where you should stay legit at any cost because otherwise it could ruin your reputation. Nowadays, reputation means nothing. Players come and go. They change name, sell accounts, sell clans, etc. Nobody cares anymore. I don't care anymore. I used to care. But when everything you worked hard for 5,7 years goes to the drain in 10 minutes and nobody cares you start to not caring about the game, the community or the company behind it.

We can talk about broken quests, gameplay or whatever. NTTGame are now the publishers and tomorrow maybe others will come. I don't know. KO has survived worst things in the past and is still kicking. Compared with other current games, KO looks outdated but people still play it. KO has probably the worst costumer service platform and people still play it. Has anyone noticed that we are not in christmas anymore? Just things like that are tragically funny. I mean, none talks about Knight Online. Check around, not a single serious gaming website or magazine talks about KO today. Because this MMO only resists because Turkish people are still paying for it.

The worst thing is the fact that KO is awesome. The PVP model is awesome. You wont find any other game like KO. Trust me. I've tried tons. Not a single game can compare with the experience of being 80+ in CZ with a full party kicking butts. It's so fast that if you don't know what are you doing you'll die miserably and everybody is going to laugh at you. That's KO. That's why we are here despite of all the crap.

I don't care about NTTGame. They are here now. We don't know about tomorrow. They are just a small company, like K2, without enough people trying to supply the demmand of angry and hungry players. Just like K2. Hooray for improvements, it was about time.
    I wish that they could make a single English server and we all could move our characters to that server. Not like CW that forced you to start fresh while you wasted 4-5 years in your server. That was not fair. An English speaking server where turkish IPs were banned and we could have our "micro-game" and do our thing. Not saying turkish people are bad or anything, but communicating has become harder and harder and it really blows the whole KO experience. KO is a social game. It forces you to look for people to share a party, to complete a quest playing with people. But when 8/10 are people that doesn't know any other language as their native language, then the whole experience is ruined.

anyway, good luck with your rant.

PS: The creator of this post is a non-english speaker. I am proud that I could learn English playing KO. Not everything is negative and I miss those days just like many of you reading there. I miss the days where we could just chat with anybody and understand each other.

Race
    El-Morad
    @OP
    its not that bad at all mate..
    from the looks of it, you are talking about a new server that you participated in.
    a few years back, speaking of K2 times, we observed the game worsen every year... nothing got better, but got worse.
    NTT took over a ton of troubles and issues, particularly inflicted at last weeks by K2 on purpose.
    since the take over we are only seeing things get better.. yes, maybe not as fast as we expect it to be, but in the end,
    it is getting better around here.

in my server "Anatolia" i rarely ever see botters apart from occasional individuals in exp or farm spots..
    it seems now, the botting is more of a professional effort, done by certain groups particularly in new servers.
    so its more an effort of farming.. not too bad as it was back in the days, we were slain by noobs in CZ

so i'd say, dont rush into thinking its all gone.. give it a bit more time and patience.
    there are some good news coming up.. we were given hints of it, though we dont know the full extent.

no one can fix the damage inflicted over the years, over night.. it takes time.
    progress is promising.. thats all that i can tell you.
    "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."

Bruce Lee

Class
    KO -> Warrior
    Clan
    BadFamily
    Server
    KO -> Gordion
    Race
    Karus
    Quote Originally Posted by BuD4Ne View Post
    @OP
    from the looks of it, you are talking about a new server that you participated in.
    a few years back, speaking of K2 times, we observed the game worsen every year... nothing got better, but got worse.
    NTT took over a ton of troubles and issues, particularly inflicted at last weeks by K2 on purpose.
    since the take over we are only seeing things get better.. yes, maybe not as fast as we expect it to be, but in the end,

in my server "Anatolia" i rarely ever see botters apart from occasional individuals in exp or farm spots..
    it seems now, the botting is more of a professional effort, done by certain groups particularly in new servers.
    so its more an effort of farming.. not too bad as it was back in the days, we were slain by noobs in CZ

so i'd say, dont rush into thinking its all gone.. give it a bit more time and patience.
    there are some good news coming up.. we were given hints of it, though we dont know the full extent.

Couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by BuD4Ne View Post
    @OP

It seems like I rushed a bit with my "review". As I started a new char on a new server it was full of botters that why I assumed every single server is like that. I gave it another chance and created another character on an older server. Through the day I've seen like 5 botters and 2 of them got banned which was a huge + in my book. It seems like the game is heading into the right direction.